Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Vadleon's Picture Thread

Discussion in Creativity started by Vadleon, Apr 13, 2012

1. Jan 12, 2011
    Some of you may already know, but to those who don't - I love taking pictures. Pictures of cats, flowers, clouds, people, subways, cars, metals, plastics, and pretty much anything you can imagine. Why? Because I like the appearance, humor, or randomness of different things.

I'm posting this because my pictures don't really get any attention sitting on my harddrive and I'd like others to see the random cool things I see each day. Pictures I post in here will be in no particular order (from my HD anyway), but I will try to label the date, camera used, and a small description for each picture/set.

To get started:
    All these in this set where taken by my Nikon Coolpix L105.

3/15/12
    This is from a fruit tree of some kind, but it's a flowering-only variant. It produces thousands of pretty pink flowers whose fallen petals like to litter the cars outside.
    [IMG]

This is a small tree that was cut down so it wouldn't tangle in the power lines going to our house. A woodpecker went to town on the truck apparently.
    [IMG]

3/16/12
    The day after, we cut down a fruit-bearing apple tree out back that wasn't doing so well and tangling in some different wires. This picture shows the many little spikes from a break after cutting and pulling it down.
    [IMG]

This was me just having fun with the chainsaw. I cut the trunk into logs for our fireplace, but I also cut some thin disks to use as plate holders on the table. Unfortunately, all of them cracked while drying out. :razz:
    [IMG]

Wood shavings in the afternoon sun looked pretty!
    [IMG]

4/6/12
    This is Marky looking back at me cutely in the yard. :cute:
    [IMG]

A curiously pretty little mushroom out back next to some clovers.
    [IMG]

4/13/12
    Marky laying in the grass. :cute:
    [IMG]

A nice full-body picture of him laid down.
    [IMG]

A portrait picture!
    [IMG]

Marky sitting up in the front Dogwood tree with his tongue out. :razz:
    [IMG]

Now sitting, intently watching across the street at something.
    [IMG]

And last, Marky rolling around in a dirt patch in the yard like the goof he is. :grin:
    [IMG]

I'll post more pictures whenever I have time to look through my archives and upload to Imgur, which may be irregular. I do hope in the meantime you all enjoy what I see!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • Feb 3, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011

@Vadleon Your cat is an erotic model. :ROFL: Though in all seriousness, these are pretty random and cool. I like it, show me more!
    • Jul 28, 2011
      I really like your composition in a lot of these, you have a good eye. :thumbsup: Glad to see more people into photography around here
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jan 8, 2012

Good pictures though, your cat is furry. :3
      • Jan 12, 2011
        Thanks guys! More will be on the way, but I have over 12 thousand camera pictures on my laptop alone.... tons more on my desktop too. Sorting through them will take some time, so my posting my favorites may be pretty random depending on the folder I click on first in the day.

I'm not sure what the point of the video is s3th, but I don't claim to be fantastic at taking pictures. I sometimes try to be artsy with a few things I have time to arrange for a shot, but most of my pictures are pretty quick snippets of things I see. I know just about anyone could do this, but I probably spam the shit out of pictures more than the random person. If there's anything a photographer should do, it's to take many, many, MANY pictures of a subject and then pick out the best. It's probably the first step to doing something more professional, but right now it's basically just a hobby.

And yes, my cats are very furry. :cute:
      • Oct 29, 2010

Speaking of which: I currently have 85 GB of photos alone in my laptop, all JPEG. I don't even want to count how many photos that is. . .

BTW, nice album. :3
      • Jan 12, 2011
        The archive on my laptop is 51.6 GB. The one on my desktop I'm pretty sure exceeds 100GB (like WELL exceeds). Then I have even more pictures loaded onto an old 320GB drive from before I had my desktop. Cumulatively, that equals quite a lot of space taken and absolute volumes in pictures.....

Good thing my laptop has a 500GB harddrive, my desktop has 1TB, and I'm starting to backup things for both computers onto a 2TB drive. And when that fills up, I'll buy another one.
        :grin: :grin: :grin:
      • Oct 29, 2010
      • Nov 2, 2011
      • Apr 7, 2012
        Very nice photos, and indeed you do have a good eye!

I love your cat, so adorable
      • Oct 17, 2011
      • Jul 28, 2011
        Unless your name is Ansel Adams, but yeah I agree
      • Jan 12, 2011
        This batch has no particular theme or artsy angle, but shows a number of random things I thought were either neat or amusing over the last couple weeks.
        All these were taken by my pocket GE A1050 that I carry everywhere.

4/8/12

These clouds were really interesting for the way they showed the sunlight brightly through the thin haze on one side and rather diffused/murky out below.
        [IMG]

4/12/12

My tower of ice cream minus a couple bites. I do this every single time I leave the dining hall and the looks I get are priceless. :razz:
        [IMG]

4/17/12

These next 6 all feature something I haven't seen before - a flock of falcons. It's not uncommon to see a few fly around together, but this one day a group of 20+ decided to hang around the library and student center at college. Talk about awesome, and quite pretty to watch too!
        [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

These next couple showed most of them, but several falcons kept zooming back and forth off screen. In the picture below I count 16 distinct figures (a couple blips uncertain due to distances/dust).
        [IMG]

[IMG]

4/18/12

I was bored in psychology one night so I made a tiny throwing star out of my gum wrapper while listening to the lecture.
        [IMG]

On the way home I saw the colorful reflection of another car's headlights on this sign. It's not often I'm at the right angle to see it and have the time to take a picture of it.
        [IMG]

4/20/12

Just sanding off some wood slices I made back when we cut down the apple tree, with plans to make these into coasters. It's coming along nicely, but it'll be a while before they are completely even.
        [IMG]

4/25/12

I was sitting out in the car at Kroger as my dad went in when I looked to the side to see this. Is that what I think it is??
        [IMG]

IT IS!!! A couple dogs were apparently doing some late night shopping too! Bet you won't see this anytime soon again. (I kid of course, but these pictures are just perfect for a genuine WTH moment.)
        [IMG]

4/26/12

Marky sleeping indoors while his uncle, Tiger, sleeps outdoors. :3
        [IMG]

4/27/12

The family together indoors! Left to right is Marky, Tiger, and Alyssa (Marky's mother). While Marky enjoys coming inside often, the other two are primarily outdoor cats and don't come in much.
        [IMG]

4/30/12
        Number 1 Mom. :razz:
        [IMG]

5/3/12 (Today)

So this morning I started reorganizing my Magic cards and figured I'd take a picture to show my collection. As you can see, the cards, decks, and other things occupy 11 card boxes to varying degrees (capacities - 4x1100, 6x1000, 1x600). Not that they were really messy before, but I just wanted to reorganize them so I could find certain card types more easily when I need to. If anyone is curious about it, you're welcome to ask! (And yes, those are several unopened decks in the bottom left box.)
        [IMG]

4 hours to reorganize only the red and green boxes. Screw it, I'm done for the morning. Here's a pic of the closed pile. :razz:
        [IMG]

Hopefully I'll have more time to post pictures and take some really nice ones in my coming free time. I just have a couple more finals to do next week and then I'll be off for the summer!
        Vadleon, May 3, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, May 3, 2012
      • Feb 1, 2011
        holy shit dude that is a literal fuck ton of magic the gathering cards
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Ha reminds me of when I played magic :grin:. Still have my 7 decks sold my other cards cuz I didn't have the space for them >.> but made a cool 2k off them :grin:. Got any Commander Essha's?
      • Jan 12, 2011
        I've been collecting/playing off and on for the last several years. :grin:

Nice sell, though I don't really see the point in getting rid of them while Magic is still going strong unless money really became an issue. There will always be space for my Magic. The cards are amusing, the art is interesting, and the players are fun to talk to. :razz:

Also, I don't have any Commander Easha's. Looks neat though.
      • Feb 14, 2012
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Damn I need 3 more Commander Eesha's to have 4 in my soldier deck :*(. They are so nasty :razz:. I only sold the ones I had tons of lol had like 10x of the same cards. So I kept 4 of each :grin:
      • Jan 12, 2011
        I think one of my unopened decks features soldiers... Lemme go check.

Edit: Ok opened, but not disassembled. It's "Hope's Crusaders" from Time Spiral. It has humans, rebels, knights, and soldiers. I probably have more of each of those in my collection, but trying to pick those types out will be a pain.

Edit 2: I think they'll mostly be in white, so it wouldn't take as long, but I'm feeling lazy and don't want to hunt for them. :razz:
        Vadleon, May 4, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, May 4, 2012