Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Valve: No more episodic content, Half Life 3 instead?

Discussion in Gaming started by Google, May 9, 2011

Google is noob?

Yes 18 vote(s) 90.0%
No 2 vote(s) 10.0%
  1. Feb 1, 2010
  2. Aug 18, 2006
    It's obvious VALVe has been working on HL3 for a long time. The point of the episodic content was to deliver games more rapidly. It wouldn't make any sense at all they have been making an episode for 4 years now. VALVe themselves admitted that their episodic approach hasn't been working.
  3. Feb 1, 2010
    After HL3 we may get new Counter Strike ? :grin:
  4. Feb 6, 2011
    What ray said. I really, really hope that with HL3 will come a new engine. I know its doubtful as they have been working on it for a while and just released Portal 2 with the Source engine. As a side note the Blue Box (Portal 3, CS2 and HL3, maybe even TF3) would be awesome, but that would also mean HL3 won't release for at least 2 more years.
  5. Sep 26, 2010
    I'm never going to have a social life if HL3, Elder Scrolls V, Star Wars The Old Republic, and Diablo 3 come out :/
  6. Feb 6, 2011
  7. Mar 26, 2011
    I have a permanent crush on the Half-Life franchise. I've been in hopeful anticipation that the world won't come to end before they can release HL3. I need a great game to play while I wait out the apocalypse in my bunker. :wink:
  8. May 17, 2011
    Remember, Valve started building HL2 not long after HL1 was launched. So between 98-04 that was a long time span for game design. If Valve is taking this kind of time AGAIN, then you should to expect HL3 to be as, if not more epic than HL2.