Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ventrilo channel names

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by elduke, Feb 24, 2011

1. Feb 17, 2011
    i haev a suggestion for ventrilo

maybe u can add the ip for the servers next to the channel names of them..
    it would make it easier for ppl there who dont have all the servers on their list haha
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    possibly but the names would be awful long, maybe some type of info or another way. but they had to be on the server or forum to find the vent :wink:. lazy
  3. Mar 16, 2008

I either have really good memory or it isn't that hard =P
  4. Sep 21, 2008
    I know this isn't about ventrillo but I don't feel like making a new topic.

Anyways, in-game you can have a command that pops up a menu that allows you to go to other servers.

The advert can be like this..."Try out some of our other servers. Type !servers"

This way, when I am sick of getting killed by haplo or w/e I can rage to another pf server.
  5. Feb 17, 2011
    yeah u can taurah
    but the issue is u need to configure a button to connect and i know MANY ppl who dont have it configured haha
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    I swear we had this before, wtf happened to it? :mellow:
  7. Mar 16, 2008
    Orangebox broke it.
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    gg OB. Couldn't we do a more ghetto method and create a simple page and add a web shortcut? Maybe it'll just list all the a-records and at the top briefly tell players how to quickly connect to them:

To connect to a game server, open console (~) and type:

connect ServerHere
    e.g., connect ze.plaguefest.com

zm.plaguefest.com - Zombie Mod 1
    zm2.plaguefest.com - Zombie Mod 2
    ze.plaguefest.com - Zombie Escape