Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Verizon Jetpacks - advice?

Discussion in Android started by Zenzr, Jul 27, 2015

1. Jul 8, 2012
    So I have a chance to take over someones grandfathered unlimited data plan through Verizon. besides the initial cost they are selling it for, it is $45/month for unlimited data. That alone makes it worth it for me.

Has anyone had any experience with Verizon and Jetpacks? I want to put it in a jetpack so I can take it basically anywhere I go and have wifi for my phone or whoever needs it. Yet I have never once used any of the portable hotspots or jetpacks or whatever they call them lol.

Any advice?
  2. Dec 30, 2006
    Are you taking over a person's line that was originally a talk/text/data line or a pure data line?

The jetpacks are handy little things. They should work fine for you. But I need an answer for the first question to help you further.
  3. Jul 8, 2012
    I'm not entirely sure. I think it's a talk text data line. It's supposedly being used in a tablet as data only ATM.

Supposedly unlimited data plus 30 mins voice. That's what I was told anyway lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  4. Dec 30, 2006
    Well Verizon doesn't give a crap about where the sim goes. As long as the sim is activated and associated with a line and data, you can put it in a smart phone, tablet, or even a jetpack and they don't care. This is due to the 700Mhz spectrum conditions.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I guess now it's finding something to put it in that isn't going to break my bank.

• Dec 30, 2006
      The only thing I would warn you about is that if the line isn't under contract, verizon is able to completely drop you or force you into a tiered data plan if you 1. Buy a subsidized anything from them. 2. Change your main plan.

Also I don't even know if you can A.O.L. I heard they stopped letting people do this. But I've only read some stories about it. Let me know if they let you.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I would be buying a jetpack from amazon or something probably. I'd prefer to have as minimal of a transaction with them as possible.

• Dec 30, 2006
      AOL = Assumption of Liability. Aka taking over the line as you stated in OP. I'm not sure if they're allowing people to take over unlimited data lines, period.
    • Jul 8, 2012

I have another friend who is doing this too for a relative and so if all goes well for him I'll be taking the jump.

• Dec 30, 2006
      You seem smarter than Tony. Good Job.
    • Jul 8, 2012

And recommendations on jetpacks?

• Dec 30, 2006
      No idea. Google/research them lol
    • Jul 8, 2012