Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Veteran's Day.

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by tqt58, Nov 10, 2011

1. Jul 27, 2011
    I'd like to begin by wishing my brother a happy birthday! (Was yesterday though).

[IMG]

He died on September 11, 2001 in the terrorist attacks that he yearned to fight against. He was in the Navy, and was killed before his deployment.

As most of you know, tomorrow is Veteran's day, and I'd like to take a moment right now, at 11:55 pm to thank our Veteran's.
    Also, I'd like to thank the men and women who fought for America, planning to enlist, and/or are fighting right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WCd3lQY0o8

The poem above was written by Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae (1872-1918).

Most people don't know that its such a sad, sad song. Most of today's generation has no clue, no inkling, no preconception of how awful the world wars were. Nothing could be compared to the battles of Verdun, Somme, and Ypres.

Just reminding you to take a minute for our Veteran's.
    Tomorrow, I will of course be going to my local cemetery where my brother was buried, and most likely spending the day there.

And to all the people in this forum who have enlisted/want to enlist/retired, I would like to thank you.
    Yes, this is a big deal for me as it would have been for my brother.

Happy Birthday Sean!

Thanks,
    Shazam
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    Upmost respect to the ones that died serving us.
  3. Aug 20, 2011
    Happy birthday to your brother I'm sorry that he die in Terrorist attacks :frown:
  5. Aug 20, 2011
    *Passed away, Died, during the terrorist attack.
  6. Aug 25, 2009