Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Video Card Suggestion

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by sajak, Jun 1, 2014

1. Nov 11, 2011
    Looking to upgrade my old eVga SC 560 Ti video card for my gaming system. I am not a fan of AMD/ATI driver support so I would prefer to purchase an nVidia card. I was looking at the 760/770/780. The TITAN doesn't justify its price tag. Since I will only be running one 24" 1080@144Hz monitor, I do not need more than 2GB of VRAM.

I'll be using the old card to run a 560 Ti SLI in another computer so it won't go to waste. Any suggestions on which one I should go for? I am willing to purchase an ATI R290X card if people can really vouch for its performance to price ratio.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Nov 17, 2012
    Assuming you want to utilize the 144Hz, I'd suggest the 780, which even then on it's own might not reach 144fps on modern games at good settings.

Otherwise, go with either the 760 or 770.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jun 11, 2012
      Get a 780 to upgrade with the Step-up from EVGA to the 6GB one.

Also min 650W PSU
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        What difference would it make if I got the 3GB now and 6GB later? I thought evga SU was to upgrade to a new card within 3 months?
      • Jun 11, 2012
        VRAM mostly. Games are using 2GB of it on HIGH+ settings. If you have a 780 now, you can get the 6GB SU now. I'm waiting for the 780 TI with Zenzr to upgrade to it.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Ahhh, alright. The only thing I don't like about SU is you have to pay for the shipping back. :crying:
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jul 8, 2012
            But you get full market value for your card. That's nice lol.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
          • Nov 11, 2011
            Yeah, but shipping always kills it for me. I'm too spoiled by Amazon and my Prime shipping. lol. Speaking of which, I'm about to buy a whole bunch of stuff that I feel guilty about.

Oh and way to respond back earlier today. I texted you at like 4am you dick.
          • Jul 8, 2012
            Hahaha that was you? I forgot to save your number lololol. Ops.

Sorry. I'm tired from moving into my new apt yesterday.
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Nov 11, 2011
              @FluffehKitteh @Benderius @Complexity @Zenzr : I bought the eVga 770 and hopefully with the SU program I'll upgrade it to 780 Ti shortly.

@Churma : I bought one of the monitors you recommended. I'll test the light bleed and for any dead/stuck pixels and if it's good, I'll order one or two more. Only reason I bit is because they use the newer LG AH-IPS panels and even though they are 8bit color profiles, sRGB is enough. I do web design but not photography, so I don't need full AdobeRGB spectrum. Will let you know how it stands up. Thanks to all those that gave their input.
              • Like Like x 2
              • Jul 8, 2012
                • Mar 20, 2011
                  I upgraded to superclocked 780ti's and they are solid.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Nov 11, 2011
                    Damn, what did you do with the other cards? Are they up for grabs? Remember our deal, I always get first offers. xD
                    • Funny Funny x 1
                    • Mar 20, 2011
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Nov 11, 2011
                        • Funny Funny x 1