Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Video Gaming: Music!

Discussion in Music started by Vicarious, Jul 30, 2013

1. Dec 27, 2012
    Alright so this thread is going to be about music in video gaming, as you can tell.

Before going any further, I'll put up some notes regarding what is okay/not okay to post in this thread:

- This thread is only about music that you hear in video games. If there are songs etc that you want to share with the community that have no relation whatsoever with this thread, please post it in the proper thread and not here.
    - Don't let your remarks get out of hand. I know how easy it is for threads to get out of hand so please, keep things civil. If there is a disagreement or any of the sort, don't talk about it here. Take it in any private chat, such as Steam.
    - Your post should be relevant to the thread.
    - Post about any music from any game that comes up in mind, be it good or bad. While I don't see it as something necessary, it's highly appreciated if you can name the game/song and why you wanted to share it with us.
    - If there is no name of the song then just tell us which part of the game you can hear it, f.e:
    <Game> - music theme/boss music.

I think that's it for the notes. I guess I'll start then!
    Because I'm a sucker for oldschool gaming/consoles(especially SNES) I will start with a game and a music track that played a big part of my childhood.

Name of the game: Donkey Kong Country
    Name of the song: King K.Rool's theme/Final boss music.

EDIT: I've been questioned about where the post limit is. While there isn't really a limit, if you have multiple music tracks from games that you want to share here, try to assemble them all into one post instead. I took for granted that people know where the limit is for spamming. If there is anything else that I might've missed, message me and I'll look into it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      Vicarious, Jul 30, 2013 Last edited by Vicarious, Jul 30, 2013
    • Mar 14, 2013
      • Feb 3, 2012
        • Mar 4, 2012
        • Dec 27, 2012
          I would consider it as a kind of video game, yes.
        • Sep 6, 2012
          • Feb 8, 2013
            Name of the Song: Had to post the ENTIRE FUCKIN OST
            shit this game was perfect, This was the first game I fully immersed myself in and obviously the soundtrack played a part in that. anyway METROID PRIME FOREVER

This thread is giving me major nostalgia
            P.S. 12:34 for dat hot ass Parasite Queen Boss Theme
            • Winner Winner x 2
            • Like Like x 1
            • Mar 4, 2012

Currently playing through Key's VN Rewrite. It's pretty good so far but I haven't finished it yet so if anyone else here has played it please don't spoil anything for me.

Anyway this is probably my favorite song from the album so far. It's a nice classical guitar track.

• Like Like x 2
              • Jul 4, 2011
                Name of the song: Final hours

• Like Like x 4
                • Mar 14, 2013
                  • Jun 11, 2012
                    Game: Street of Rage 2 (only song I can loop for hours and not get annoyed)

Song Name: Dr. Wily Stage 1
                    Game: Mega Man 2

Song Name: Headquarters 1
                    Game: XCOM Enemy Unknown

Song Name : Still Alive
                    Game: Mirror's Edge (say what you will, this game got me through a narly winter downer I had, the song always gets me cheery)

Song Name: Far Away
                    Game: Red Dead Redemption (If you've played this game and the first time you hear this song...it's just bliss and amazing that out of nowhere. BAM, this song)

Song Name : Still Alive
                    Game: Portal

Song Name: Want You Gone
                    Game: Portal 2 (another cheery song)

Song Name : Ezio's Family
                    Game: Assassin Creed 2

Song Name: My Dead Daughter Chell
                    Game: Portal 2 (a super awesome surprise song)

Song Name: Jingle Jangle
                    Game: Fallout New Vegas (3 years of me waiting for 1 of my favorite game series, 1500hrs on 3 different platforms)

Own most OST to these games except Mega Man 2 ones. Also this list was bigger, I kinda derped and spam it at first. Kept those i wanted. :razz:
                    • Like Like x 2
                      Benderius, Jul 30, 2013 Last edited by Bender Rodriguez, Jul 30, 2013
                    • Jun 11, 2012
                      I reached the limit on previous post. My mistake.

Song Name: Halo
                      Game: Halo CE

Song Name : Way Back Home
                      Game: Fallout 3 (1800hrs...I want to go back, but made a promise I'm not allowed to play it until I finished XCOM and all the August releases)

Song Name : Main Theme
                      Game: Mass Effect (I get freaking chills every damn time the Normandy goes through the Mass Relay the first moment you play it, other favorite series)
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Mar 12, 2008
                        The entire Dark Souls sound track is amazing.

Once you know the lore behind the boss you fight and depending who it is, it can be really really emotional.

Feels. You all know who i'm talking about.

These are my favorite boss tracks and the credits song for the ending. Excellent.
                        • Like Like x 1
                          Taters, Jul 30, 2013 Last edited by Taters, Jul 30, 2013
                        • Dec 27, 2012
                          A song that I've loved ever since I first heard it.

Name of the game: Final Fantasy IX
                          Name of the song: Rose of May

And, uh..I can't forget this one either.

Name of the game: Conker's Bad Fur Day
                          Name of the song: The Great Mighty Poo Song
                        • Jul 23, 2012
                          The OST for ME1/ME2 are absolutely fantastic, ME3 has some that blew me away since it really adds to the atmosphere as well. But I think I'll just post my favorite from the entire series.

And we can't honestly forget about the amazing OST for MGS4. Fucking MGS4 producing feels man, especially the last fight with Liquid.
                        • Mar 4, 2012
                          My two favorite piano tracks from the Clannad VN.

• Like Like x 1
                          • Dec 27, 2012
                            A game that you can no longer play, sadly..Made by Aeriagames. RIP TS2.
                            This music track is one of the most badass themes I've ever heard in any game. Even has a solo in it!

Name of the game: Twelve Sky 2
                            Name of the song: Jinong the Fierce Tiger Clan Theme
                          • Nov 29, 2012
                            • Jul 14, 2010

I loved this game, the music was one of my favorites as well.
                              • Like Like x 1