Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Video Help

Discussion in Technical Support started by Kill Em All, Jun 21, 2012

1. May 23, 2012
    So recently I've noticed that when I turn my flashlight on I can't see it, only when I point it at an object or another person it lights up...No big deal I can do without it. But now every time I go under water I can't see! I only get audio and my screen turns black and purple like CS:S is missing a texture file but I haven't been poking around in my directory...Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!
    Kill Em All
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    Moved so that more people can see this.
  3. Dec 2, 2011
    Save your maps and delete Your css folder.
    Launch css and it will re-install the css folder with textures skins and ect.

I currently having trouble with several custom maps which I downloaded. The water in these maps looks perfectly fine from above, but when your under-water and look up there is the Missing Texture Purple and Black squares. So you can't see out of the water.

EDIT : I found someone having the same problem The solution was missing textures So just do as i said above.
  4. May 23, 2012
    Thanks for moving me to the proper place seks! And thank you Richard I'll be sure to do this! :smile:
    Kill Em All
  5. Apr 9, 2012
    Why don't you just verify the integrity of the game's file cache? (Can be found in the properties of CS:S under the "Local Files" tab)? Saves you the reinstall
  6. Dec 2, 2011
    You could also do as Joris Advised But i dont know if it will find the problem i have done that and still had to re-install.
    So that's why i said just re-install saves time just in case it does not find the problem.

EDIT: You can also add the picture of your name to signature in account settings instead of uploading it as an attachment every time. So ya just helping ya out.
  7. Nov 11, 2011
    That won't fix corrupt textures.

Kill em All,

1) Get GCFScape
    2) Click on Open
    3) Navigate to --> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps
    4) Double click on "counter-strike source shared.gcf,"
    5) Then right click on the "materials" folder and click extract.
    6) Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\YOUR_USERNAME\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
    7) Press ok. Overwrite all files.

Your problems should now disappear without reinstalling the game.

EDIT: OR the map maker didn't pack the correct materials into the bsp file. In which case, there is nothing you can do.
  8. Dec 2, 2011
    Thanks for Repeating what i said :grin: With steps :grin: <3 sajak
    • Friendly Friendly x 1