Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resolved Villthjarta Again.

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Steve Reynold, Dec 15, 2018

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 9, 2018
    I was playing on the zm_skyrail map, I had found a nice little hide spot in the crate. The one with the switch to get in. While villthjarta was a zombie and he was trying to get into the crate, all of a sudden i was kicked and it said illegal spot. I feel as though if it was villthgarta in the spot then there would have been no problem. but because it was not and it was other players he became upset and then threw his weight as admin around,(much like a corrupt cop.). After i had returned he had began to ban players for this. This spot IS programmed into the map and it was in no way exploiting any type of glitch.
    I see people in spots like this all the time and theres never a problem. But when its me im getting kicked.
    I have attached a picture and you can see the crate with the secret door.

(edit)I have also attached an instance of someone doing something similar in the warehouse map with no action being taken against them, this picture is of someone actually prop glitching, yet villthjarta did nothing. this was taken shortly after he had kicked me and banned other's for the same thing.
    I feel asthough he only kicked me on skyrail due to the fact that he could and it was me.

Attached Files:

Steve Reynold, Dec 15, 2018 Last edited by Steve Reynold, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    You were kicked for being in an illegal spot. Some maps have spots that are vastly overpowered to the point where it's near impossible for zombies to get to the humans, so they are made illegal.
    http://plaguefest.com/wiki/zm-skyrail-2010-b1/
    I'm not sure about the second picture as I don't recognize the spot.
  3. Dec 17, 2007
    That spot is illegal as shown using !illegal. Now as for being kicked, were you given a warning first? Even tho it is a documented illegal spot, we still require a warning to be given first, unless that person is a repeat offender. Further more I am not a fan of straight banning players, if they go to the same spot without being kicked first. @Villthjarta your input would be appreciated.
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Jan 29, 2018
      @Seeker You're exactly right Seeker. This player and many others were warned as well.

There are no known illegal spots on Warehouse_V4
      Post Merged, Dec 15, 2018
      @Aphilion this player was warned, kicked, and then they straightened out when they returned.
    • Dec 17, 2007
      You've admitted to the fact that you were in an illegal spot. If Villthjarta followed the proper procedure in handling a player in an illegal by warning, kicking and then banning, then you were in the wrong. Next time plz check the illegal spots on any may, by typing !illegal in chat.
      Aphilion, Dec 15, 2018 Last edited by Aphilion, Dec 16, 2018
    • Jun 4, 2006
      I don't see any warnings from you (or other admins) in the logs regarding this incident or the two players you banned today. They weren't kicked before being banned either. Did you skip procedure here because you had to kick Steve for the same thing 4 minutes earlier? Your comment on the bans also indicates you might be using blanket warnings (though I don't even see this) and then skipping warning individuals. Are you trying to warn players over voice?

Filtered log below (everything from Vill). Full log attached. Incident happens around 16:10.

Attached Files:

• Dec 9, 2018
      I had never gone into that spot earlier . I had not heard anything about it being illegal either . I was simply kicked without warning just like the other people were banned without warning.I mute all players too so i'm never listening to the mic.(Too much jibber-jabber)So IF I was warned on mic theres no way I can hear it. It honestly seemed as though he was just frustrated. I will be checking illegal spots for future reference.
      Steve Reynold, Dec 15, 2018 Last edited by Steve Reynold, Dec 16, 2018
    • Dec 9, 2018
      I was only told about the illegal spot after being kicked, it was the reason given. The banned players got no warning.
    • Jan 29, 2018
      @Brian I don't recall now if I warned this player specifically but I warned everyone who was in that illegal spot which this player was. I kicked this player after warning then almost kicked another but he was killed and did not return the next round.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      @=PF= Villthjarta (Viking) I see. Well either you didn't warn at all, or you only did so over voice. Some players play without sound, or are listening to music, or maybe they did !sm @all. We really can't rely on just verbal warnings. All warnings should be done via chat (you can warn them via voice as well to help get their attention). This has the added benefit of showing up in the logs which helps us handle abuse reports such as this. It turns a hearsay report where they say you didn't but you say you did into one with conclusive evidence, which if you're following proper procedure will only serve to help you.

As for warning groups of players, we should try to include individual names in warnings as much as possible as it eliminates any confusion as to who it is you may be addressing. You can say something like "Everyone in the white truck you're in an illegal spot please move." But you should follow it immediately with "That means you Fred, Timmy, Jebediah." Or just keep it simple and straight to the point - "Fred, Timmy, Jebediah - you're in an illegal spot please move".

Keep in mind the procedure for illegal spots is to freeze the player before kicking or banning. The logs indicate you didn't bother with this step. The procedure doesn't include kick but some admins do it anyway to give the player one more chance. It's up to you to decide if that player should be kicked or banned after you've already warned and froze them the previous round or whatever. It seems some admins tend to blend all the punishment procedures together into warn -> kick -> ban. Just remember this isn't always the case.

As for those two bans that should have been kicks, you've already expressed in private that you know you made a minor mistake here and now feel the bans were unjust. Those bans have been deleted and will not show up on their history.

If you'd like to discuss any of this further or have any questions, feel free to PM me, or better yet make a post in the admin forums if it's not a private matter. The latter allows others to contribute and/or learn from it as well.

This doesn't look like intentional abuse, I think Vill simply forgot to issue a freeze before kicking, but I'm going to mark it as resolved. There were no text warnings and a step was unnecessarily skipped.

@Steve Reynold Thanks for taking the time to let us know. It's never a bad thing when reports like this turn into a learning experience for both parties and provide us an opportunity to improve. Hopefully you won't have to do this again though! Remember, you can use !illegal in-game on any map and it will show you the illegal spots for that map, if any.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      Thread Status:
      Not open for further replies.