Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Vindictus

Discussion in Gaming started by SchwarzGeist, Nov 30, 2010

1. Jan 7, 2009
    Think MMO meets Devil May Cry, and this is pretty much what you get.

Basically, you have your two main attack buttons - one is normal attacks, one is "Smash" attacks. You string together different numbers of normal attacks and end it with a smash attack, and you can perform different combos. There are also more abilities you can unlock when you get to higher levels that provide even more possible attack combos.
    You can also use the "Grab" key to grab enemies by the neck and kill them in various brutal ways, like piledriving them into the ground, kicking them into other enemies, slamming them against a wall and stomping their faces in, and slamming them into a wall and grinding their face along said wall. And yeah, it does cinematic close-ups and slow-mo.
    There's tons of destructible stuff, and you can pick up almost all of it and use it to kill enemies - barrels, logs, boulders, enemy weapons that fall on the ground when you kill them, etc. You can also use different environmental "traps", like rope bridges you can cut down.

Also, it uses the Source engine. The graphics are fucking awesome.

It's fucking fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnKJpXZxmyU
    (^This vid is actually of the Korean version of the game. The NA version is still in beta, so some of the stuff in the vid isn't available yet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVlH05xm72g&feature=related
  2. Nov 25, 2010
    I beg to differ...but it's Legend of Zelda meets GORE!

ninja edit: I tried it and after that big white spider fight I pretty much gave up on the game!

made 2 characters just for that boss fight
  3. Aug 13, 2010
    Lol, alot of us play that already, but not frequently.
  4. Jan 7, 2009
    Oh, that's cool. We should make a Plaguefest guild and do raids every now and again.

EDIT: New update: they released a new dungeon area and raised the level cap to 44 today. Fuck year.
  5. Aug 30, 2010
    heh i play vindictus every now and then. ive been using evie with battle scythes. tell me your char name/names and ill add you
  6. Jan 7, 2009