Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Virtual Machines

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by patrickbizzle, Nov 4, 2012

1. May 16, 2011
    So today I install Parallels 7 aswell as Windows 7. I was wondering what everyones opinion are on running gaming in a virtual environment.

In most games I get around 190+ Stable FPS
  2. Feb 21, 2007
    i've done it before, although this was back when dual core CPUs were just coming out, and single core cpu with HT was the norm. Back then performance really took a hit. However, now, with 4 or more core cpus, HT, SLI/crossfire, and tons of memory, I think the performance hit would be much more negligible.

What are the specs on your computer?
  3. Aug 18, 2006
    I like to avoid virtual machines. They create too much overhead, especially on weaker hardware configurations. If your CPU has virtualization support, make sure it's enabled in the BIOS - virtualization was created just for virtual environments and really helps improve performance.
  4. Jul 8, 2012
    I agree above. If you have the needed spec's and don't see any performance issues, why not?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. Nov 29, 2010
    Not a fan of it. Either go all the way or don't. If not you're just wasting resources on an os that you're not going to be using (Main or Parallel).
  6. Feb 14, 2012
    You're going to get better performance if you dual partition your system as opposed to a virtual machine.
  7. May 16, 2011
    I currently have the following specs, 16GB Ram 256GB SSD GT 650M
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    CPU specs?
  9. May 16, 2011
    2.3 GHz i7
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    You'll be fine.