Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Visual Culture paper help

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Nena, Nov 12, 2012

1. Oct 8, 2009
    I am over thinking this too much and I have come asking for help. :frown:
    Trying to write a paper for my class, if anyone can help I will be GRATEFUL !

Minimum Length: 750-1000 words (approx. three or four typed, double-spaced pages)

Choose some aspect of “visual culture,” such as a photograph or photographs; a web site; the packaging for a product; an app on your iPhone; a film; a print, digital, or television advertisement; a painting or drawing; a cartoon or set of cartoons; a sign posted somewhere on or near our campus; a building or a room or rooms within a building; a logo; and so on.

Describe this element (feel free to include illustrations of it within your essay), and evaluate its purpose, intended audience, and effectiveness at communicating its purpose to the intended audience. Above all, explain why this image is important and meaningful—and how your analysis points to some “larger” truth about the culture in which we live.

Help with picking the visual and why...btw, english is my WORST subject
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    Example: Uncle Sam, We want you! http://blog.thesage.com/wp-content/uploads/uncle-sam-we-want-you1.jpg
    A political cartoon of uncle sam saying he wants you to sign up for the army or something like that. Purpose, to encourage (intended audience) men 18 and older to join the army. Effectiveness, I wouldn't know, important and meaningful because it's a pretty well known political cartoon of WW2 (?)
  3. Apr 9, 2007
    If I can recall correctly @rxn speaks perfect Korean. Maybe he can assist?
  4. Aug 2, 2010
    I do not see how my Korean speaking/writing/listening/pickingupchick skills will aid in Nena's quest.
  5. Jun 11, 2012
    The uber hateness of a certain Justin Bieber. For some reason his presence induce hate to a plethora of people and his music creates anger. Or maybe they hate canadians who knows. But Justin Bieber would fetch an amplitude of content that it would write itself.
  6. Mar 12, 2008
    You could write all about the cool 90's cartoons that aren't around anymore. I miss those.

I.E. : Johnny bravo (Important and meaningful because it taught kids that simply having big muscles, sweet moves, and a large golden pompadour won't get you very far in life. The character still lives with his mom and i believe he was roughly ~26 or something) was/is still my favorite show.

Angry beavers was also a good one.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Oct 8, 2009
      i loved johnny bravo!
      • Like Like x 1