Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

voodoo/hiding

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Badgriuel, Feb 6, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 20, 2010
    So people have been saying its ok to hide on the islands and not make forward progress after the teleporter has opened up for you to move onto the next island. As rule 11 states: 11.) Do not camp in spots without attempting to finish the map. This includes camping spots in order to delay game-play when all other humans have progressed (purpose of ZE is to reach the end of the map), hiding in secret places with no intention to advance. Punishment: Warning --> kick --> Ban (1 hour to 1 day length).

This falls under delaying and not making forward progress. You can hide on the current island you have to hold until the teleporter opens up thats fine. But as soon as you can progress to the next island so when the teleport opens up for island 3 then you must move onto island 3. Same applies for hiding on island 3 you can hide there and then progress unto the last hold point when the teleporter opens up.
  2. Apr 2, 2011

Don't people use logic to figure this out?
  3. Feb 18, 2011
  4. Jul 20, 2010
  5. Dec 3, 2011
    What about, make that hiding problem illigal and when the teleporter or boat is leaving then go to next island.
    Nomore camping in previous islands would save a lot of trouble and a lot of people cry 'he is delaying'.

Thats what i think from it.
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    Umm, that is exactly what he just said, It is illegal to hide when you can go to the next island.
  7. Dec 3, 2011
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]Ah so it is illegal now, thats great, finaly done with that trouble :grin:[/font]
  8. Feb 18, 2011
    It is not illegal to hide when your last human on an island, it becomes illegal when the zombies have been teleported to the cage and then are released.
  9. Oct 29, 2010
    Delaying has been against the rules for months now.
  10. Dec 6, 2011
    Finally some justice has been done. I've even seen a couple admins do this and camp on the 2nd island. They sit on top of the bridge and shoot zombies back so they get teleported back down to the bottom. I will make sure I enforce this. Thank you for bringing this up Badgruiel. Badguriel? Something. It's hard to type you name when I'm having to guess :laugh:

EDIT: Wow I was wrong both times. It's Badgriuel... =P
  11. Jul 19, 2011
    *sigh*..... again pF rules are interfering with the purpose of the map.
  12. Apr 4, 2009
    How is hiding behind the current objective the purpose of the map, progress and help your team.

Sometimes I wonder why I had us launch ZE.
  13. Dec 6, 2011
    You make no sense. Your not supposed to be secretly camping on the 2nd island when your to advance to the 3rd island. This is exploiting the map. Also in some cases delaying the game.
  14. Oct 29, 2010
    Woah Dopescope complaining... shocking... :rolleyes:
  15. Mar 12, 2008
    Badgirl. Also thanks for the clarification.

Now it'll be a bit more fair for both ends.
  16. Jul 19, 2011
    The purpose of a map like voodoo is to hide and escape at the end. Hiding involves camping in waters. Of course, it is arguable, but i think that hiding on the island before is rather a strategy than a cheat. Voodoo is the only map that has a zm aspect to the map. Therefore, it is absurd to practice the rules that all of the other ze maps follow. Again, you are not delaying since the purpose is to hide or defend if necessary.

Don't people use logic to figure this out? If you ask questions similar to this than it is obvious you are not a ZE regular.
  17. Feb 18, 2011
  18. Mar 12, 2008
    If it can't coincide with our rules properly without causing troubles, it would probably be simpler to remove it.

/2cents
  19. Feb 18, 2011
    It has been a rule so long and it hasn't caused many troubles but now that people realize they can't camp on voodoo their life is over.
  20. Feb 1, 2011
    I don't understand your point here, at all. How is staying on island 2 once island 3 is open part of the goal of the map? The zombies are TRAPPED and you can freely run to the next island where you're supposed to find another spot to camp. Just because the map has "ZM" elements, it is still a ZE map and you must still make forward progress.

Are you sure you understand what Bad is trying to say here? Camping in the water on island 2 is a perfectly legitimate tactic for surviving that island. However, once the teleporter opens up and the zombies are caged, the point of the map is to go to the next island.

As far as your comment about our rules interfering with the purpose of maps, that makes no sense. I'm pretty sure the creator of voodoo_islands didn't intend people to hide on island 2 when you're supposed to be on island 3.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.