Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Vote Map

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by CaptainNoU, Apr 29, 2012

1. Mar 20, 2012
    We should have like 4-9 buttom vote to avoid problem spaming 1 2 or 3.
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    This has been discussed many, many times. Honestly you can just grab #1 nomination spot if you want to claim the 1 spam, but I always see maps other than the #1 spot get picked, so it's not too much of an issue.
    Brett, Apr 29, 2012 Last edited by Quietly Yell, Apr 29, 2012
  3. Feb 21, 2007
    As what quietly has said. Also, As when I make votes, if u skip the first and/or second voting spots, noobs will catch on (eventually) and just start spamming 3 to get it out of their face. You can see where this will lead to having votes that eventually skip the first 20 numbers and so on. Its a situation that cannot be fixed until the problem (noobs) is eliminated.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Jul 19, 2011
      you could do what i3D does and just scramble the nomination list so that if you nominate a map, it will be on the list just maybe not the 1st place.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Mar 20, 2012
        I really hate it when we change maps like paper or exorath(maps we never won because we always change them) only because of these 1 spammer "noobs", to maps we actually rtv after 5 minutes... -.-
        Somebody who really wants to change the map to a certain one, pays much more attention to the vote and is probably not a 1 spammer.
        A person who doesnt care about the vote proabably presses 1 or nothing or another number...
        What is, when "Extend" would be on the first place in the nomination list?

I think its worth a try to test it that way...or has anybody experience with such a votesystem on another server or was it already mentioned before?

only disadvantage-> 1 get picked(by newbies) on a map we dont really like .....-> but i made the expierence on the pf server, that we almost all the time change the map if there is a possisbility^^
        only maps like mako, pred and minas get a 100% extend (its very rare if that is not the case)

Even if i believe the system stays like it is...what do u think about it...:wink:
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Another map vote topic dear god. There's no such thing as 1 spam we've gone over this so many times already. People will press whatever they want to vote for. People just call it 1 spam when the map they want to play doesn't get picked or extended its simple as that.
      • Feb 14, 2012
        There is no such thing as one spam. You cannot confirm they are not legitimately voting for the map. You're speculating.

/thread
      • Mar 23, 2012
        1-spamming only happens when there aren't any good choices or clear-cut favorites. If Mako or Pred gets nominated, it almost never loses, regardless of its position.
      • Feb 14, 2012
        Generally you're right. Depending on the day you might see it be beaten.
      • May 14, 2011
        Okay i think i have a solution to this problem, how about, before a map vote starts you get an option, @vote "Vote for Map?" "No" "Yes" . If you spam 1 you will just close your vote menu and you can type !revote to open it up again, If you say yes then you just get put through to the normal map vote menu. I think this would get rid of 1 spammers who press 1 just to get rid of the voting menu. I even sometimes do this mid game when im in the middle of going high speed on ski moutnain and dont have time to read the options in the 10 seconds you get to vote (I think its 10 its really sort at any rate). Dunno it would be nice if you could implement this.

If @Kyle does manage to make a plugin for this it would be amazing.

Dunno just an idea, seems better than the other ideas.
      • Feb 14, 2012
        Some servers have an audio warning before the map vote (count down). That might prevent people from accidently hitting a mapvote option while trying to change their gun. Assuming of course someone is using the number buttons to change their gun.
      • May 14, 2011
        lol who uses number to changes guns >.< thats like before the scroll wheel was invented
      • Jul 20, 2010
        I use the numbers to switch guns :grin:. But really there is no problem with the so called 1 spam. People only use it to explain why the map they want to play doesn't win or get extended.
      • Feb 14, 2012
        I use the numbers and fast switch to switch guns.
      • Mar 23, 2012
        I think the bigger influence is the people who spam the mic trying to tell people which number to press.
      • Feb 14, 2012
        Those people should be warned / muted / kicked / banned in accordance to the rules as that is mic spam. If you see admins on and people are doing that unchecked let an LSA know.
      • Mar 23, 2012
        This rule isn't enforced enough. Mic spam happens during every map vote, hell I've seen admins do it on occasion.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        I guess if there are any bugs we could test this for a good hour on the training server, i would be willing to help you test it, im sure others would as well, as long as the !revote brings up the old menu, if it stops working we can resort to that until you fix it/remove it.

You great at writing plugins, I doubt there will be any bugs anyway.
      • Feb 14, 2012