Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Vote of removing the following maps

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Super Mario, Feb 21, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 17, 2011
    Here are some maps that are not good and never got nominated again because they are so boring and that i'm thinking they should be removed from rotation even tho zm doesn't have that much maps and not much sized:
    • zm_gl33m4x_errata
    • zm_fortress_b7
    • zm_ghs_flats
    • zm_neko_abura_v2
    • zm_officeattack_b5a (boring map with only one vent camping spot and in a small cave or tunnel and everything else are noobish spots)
    • zm_officerush_betav7
    • zm_survival_f2a
    • zm_towers_v3 (the map is one of my favourite but it buggy and laggy and neer runs well when more then 40 people are on, map needs to be fixed with it's bugs)
    • zm_vc2_office_redone_b1
    • zm_wwt_twinsteel_v8 (Retslag told me that he likes this map and will never remove it but i decied to put it in the bad maps for my opinion but i dont think anyone can beat Retslag to remove the map because he said Retslag=all)
    • zm_facility_v1
    • zm_doomlike_station_v2
    • zm_complex (huge map with boring spots and you just walk the whole map to find one cading area, map contains a lot of opened areas with nothing or cheap spots)
    • zm_burbsdelchode_c3
    • zm_bunker_f57_v2 (most boring map i have ever played and i can't explain why but you will notice that when you try it if you haven't yet
    Here are the map that i think of and tested all of them and played them all on the server and i think they are boring. Now, i am not telling you guys to remove all the maps but i suggested the maps that my friends have told me about and that i think of are boring, please give me replie of the maps that should stay and the maps that should be removed because this thread will go to Retslag and will remove the maps that you guys apply to. thank u.
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
    • Aug 8, 2010
      Mario, no offense but your map judgement sucks. You always pick the same boring crap. You wouldn't know a good map if it hit you up side the head. LOL

which might happen cause you got my map in there.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Apr 2, 2011
        I like Twinsteel, y'all just suck at the map, different play style there :razz:
        [IMG]
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Oct 17, 2011
          who says i nominate the same maps everytime, i nominate all the maps but those ones and some of the maps i have posted idk who made them or what they are but my friends told me that they are boring
        • Aug 8, 2010
          well your friends are definately the FINAL authority lol.
        • Sep 22, 2010
          Ok, well this mud fight shouldn't be taken out here.
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Oct 29, 2010
            I like these, the rest could go as far as I'm concerned.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Momo
              This message by Momo has been removed from public view. Deleted by Kyle, Feb 21, 2012, Reason: Powered by Clowns.
              Feb 21, 2012
            • Feb 11, 2012
              • zm_officeattack_b5a Trash
              • zm_officerush_betav7 Trash
              • zm_towers_v3 Trash
              • zm_vc2_office_redone_b1 Trash
              • zm_wwt_twinsteel_v8 Trash
              • zm_facility_v1 Trash
              • zm_doomlike_station_v2 Trash
              • zm_complex Trash
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Aug 5, 2010
                I think you should suck it up and let ppl play what they choose, just because you dont like dose not mean others dont.
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Useful Useful x 1
                • Oct 17, 2011
                  I have made the thread to ask u guys for votes so please post the name of the map that you guys want to keep and the names that you dont want anything else should not be on this thread
                  • Zing! Zing! x 1
                  • Sep 22, 2010
                    • zm_survival_f2a
                    • zm_facility_v1
                    Should keep.
                  • Jul 14, 2010
                    • Aug 8, 2010
                      • zm_gl33m4x_errata - i dont mind it either
                      • zm_fortress_b7 - its ok
                      • zm_ghs_flats - trash
                      • zm_neko_abura_v2 - like
                      • zm_officeattack_b5a - trash
                      • zm_officerush_betav7 - trash
                      • zm_survival_f2a - like
                      • zm_towers_v3 - trash
                      • zm_vc2_office_redone_b1 - trash
                      • zm_wwt_twinsteel_v8 - not one of my favs
                      • zm_facility_v1 - keep
                      • zm_doomlike_station_v2 - this is a unique map but it suck for pF
                      • zm_complex - not sure what this is
                      • zm_burbsdelchode_c3 - i worked hard on this map. sry you dont like it. I know lots of people who do. Keep
                      • zm_bunker_f57_v2 - trash
                    • Aug 1, 2011
                      If your going to say that maps should remove, provide justification as to why. Just because you find a map boring or dislike it, doesn't mean everyone has the same opinion and I wouldn't consider personal feelings as a valid reason to remove something. If we went by how boring a map is as a valid reason to remove a map, yours would be off the server.

As I say to people who constantly try to get everyone to RTV, "Just because you hate a map, doesn't mean everyone else hates it too!"
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Sep 6, 2010
                        So here's my list. I think most of these maps are pretty good. I'd say if the map has too many cheap spots in it easy for humans to survive makes it boring for zombies. So office maps with hard spots to survive in are challenging for humans (need teamwork to survive) making them fun to play in my opinion.
                        • zm_gl33m4x_errata - good
                        • zm_fortress_b7 - not bad
                        • zm_ghs_flats - alright
                        • zm_neko_abura_v2 - alright
                        • zm_officeattack_b5a - not bad
                        • zm_officerush_betav7 - not bad
                        • zm_survival_f2a - good
                        • zm_towers_v3 - good (agree, a bit laggy but its fun)
                        • zm_vc2_office_redone_b1 - good
                        • zm_wwt_twinsteel_v8 - its ok, big though
                        • zm_facility_v1 - alright
                        • zm_doomlike_station_v2 - boring, 2 really cheap spots that zombies can't get humans in
                        • zm_complex - never played
                        • zm_burbsdelchode_c3 - alright
                        • zm_bunker_f57_v2 - good map
                      • Oct 17, 2011
                        i am not telling u to have the same opinion as me and i am not forcing you to vote like me but you cant explain if a map is boring or not and if you dont fin any boring map of here they say none because you can test one of the following maps and see if it is boring or not and i dont have to give you a proof because it is your vote not mine.
                      • Jun 10, 2011
                        I don't have too huge an opinion on this, considering I prefer to watch people play ZM than actually join in myself (don't judge me!) but there is no map on that list that I hate. Whether a map is fun or not usually depends on the people you're playing with imho.

You're never going to get everyone to agree, and you're especially never gonna get legitimate opinions when the mappers themselves are in here being bias as shit and influencing the less intrinsically-motivated members of our community.

Whilst I respect and am thankful to all mappers who contribute to our community, you cannot please everyone. You should not expect everyone to like your map just because you worked hard on it. People have differing opinions, get over it.

P.S. I used a less obnoxious shade of green JUST so you guys could read this. Be damn grateful because it's unlikely to happen again! :razz:
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Nov 2, 2011
                          Same opinion. I hate maps that zombies have no chance of winning.
                        • Jan 5, 2007
                          I have to agree with this. I spend most of my time in spectate, so I'm not too concerned over what maps stay or go in regards to how "boring" they are. In my opinion, what should influence the decision on removal of maps should be how stable they are and the number of controversial spots.

Definitely agree with Nezumi about the mappers part, since it's no secret that most mappers tend to be a little biased towards their own creations. I think it's great that we have so many people willing to devote time and effort towards creating maps for this community, but people need to also consider the opinions of others when it comes to things like this.

@Nezumi, you don't need to worry about what color font you use anymore, since they have the option to block it on their end now.
                        Thread Status:
                        Not open for further replies.