Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Vote seems to shift too much with the runoff

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by atxdragon, Nov 29, 2013

1. Aug 7, 2012
    From what I've seen with the recent runoff noms, votes tend to favor 1 spams after the runoff vote kicks in. Would there be any way to randomize, or add a null 1 vote, with this nomination so there is less a chance of spamming?
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    If anything, i've seen #2 win a whole lot more lately (at least on ZM)

ZE 99% of the time everyone reads the votes and votes for what they want (at least, everytime i've gone to ZE D:smile:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 11, 2012
      I've seem both #1 and #2 get voted for multiple times. It may seem people spam 1 on the runoff vote only but I think it's pretty much what Tony said. People are actually voting for it. I know I don't just spam any number, I actually look.
    • Mar 30, 2013
      Set the 1. to no-vote OR write a message in 1. like "Runoff Vote"
      Set the 2. to the map which get more vote at first vote
      Set the 3. to map which get less vote at first vote

I don't know if players spam just to get ride of the little window. IMO those who do that, may never used !zmenu or !nominate if they don't like little windows...
    • Feb 11, 2012
    • Feb 3, 2012
      I've seen 1 usually win if it was some of the maps like Fail Inc and lila panic.
    • Mar 20, 2012

The majority from the 1#vote always is at place 1 in the next vote. So I dont really wonder why they spam 1 sometimes.

I just would decrease the requirement for an instant vote. 80% seems a little much on ZE. I never saw it that we didnt have a runoff vote.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Just disable mic and chat for the time the votes are up.

ALWAYS do I see people telling in the mic "Vote spam 1 vote spam 1" even I when I want a vote I spam it in the chat. Seeing from this experience the only way to prevent this from happening is to automatically disable mic and chat during the votes. Really, it will change a lot IMO
    • Jul 20, 2012
      1. I'm so ugly
      2. A map that's good but not overplayed
      3. Overplayed map
      4. Random from bottom 10 maps
    • Feb 3, 2012
      Sadly that wouldn't stop players from voting one. :neutral:
    • Feb 21, 2007
      Vote option #1: auto-ban player for 5 minutes if they select it
      Vote option #2: map #1
      Vote option #3: map #2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Zing! Zing! x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Jul 20, 2012
      • Jul 14, 2010
        Changing the numbers doesn't really fix anything. People spam 1, but if you take away 1, they can spam 2, or spam 3, etc.. I think it's fine as is. The idea of counting a null vote is a little meh because some people are fine with just playing any map that's why they spam, especially when they don't know any of the other maps (a new person on the server). I really don't see why map votes are such an issue.
      • Jan 21, 2011
        The runoff cvar should just be changed to 65 or 70 instead of 80

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
      • Mar 30, 2013
        80 = need 80% of vote to be the nextmap otherwise it do a runoff vote ?

If this is that, you must change and set to 60-65 because it also count players who didnt voted. And so it do a Runoff vote everytime.

I hate the runoff votes because when we can play a good map which get 50% of vote, the bad second map win the runoff (players immediatly change their votes)
      • Jan 21, 2011
        Yes. And it only counts the number of people who voted, not those afk.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
      • Feb 11, 2012
        Yea at first I thought 80% was kinda high. I still haven't seen a map win outright. Come to think of it, I can't even remember the last time I had seen a map win with 80% or more votes.
        Multiple times a map would win with 70-75% of the votes and we go to the run-off and it ends up being the map with the 25-30% of the votes that wins..but I'm use to that happening from another server.
        I would agree to having it decreased a tad to 70-75% though.
        60-65% seems too low imo.

60-65% to me feels like the map that gets the majority will always reach that percentage; therefore we would barely see a run-off vote (other than the times we have head to head battles with 2 maps). Whereas 70-75% feels like it's not too high nor too low. It feels like it's high enough that it can still cause a run-off vote giving that 2nd map another chance but also low enough that it can still win outright with 70-75% of the votes.
        • Like Like x 1