Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Vote Spamming

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by MF JEFF, Sep 15, 2013

1. Aug 13, 2013
    Recently it feels like whatever map is nominated first gets voted in ~70% of the chance, unless their is a surplus of [Insert name map] fags.

I suggest getting a plugin to manage to the vote to stop spamming. I've seen numerous servers use the following menu format very successfully.

1. No Vote
    2. Don't spam (Grayed out and not an option to select)
    3. Don't spam (Grayed out and not an option to select)
    4. ze_jeff_elites
    5. ze_lasers
    6. ze_wester_reactor

I've also seen the runoff vote options where if a map doesn't receive a high enough percentage another vote is put to decide.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Somebody is working on a vote randomizer so nobody gets first nomination.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Aug 12, 2012
        vote randomize will be nice, no more people trying to nominate quick when entering a map lol
      • Aug 13, 2013
        Don't think vote randomizing will fix the issue, unintentionally 1 spamming is the issue. A random vote list is just going to cause us to play bad maps because they got the 1 spam.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Then people will get used to that and just vote for #4.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 31, 2012
        • Aug 12, 2012
          unless you got a mic and uhg spam the number you want then "1" wont win :smile:
        • Feb 27, 2012
          What's the point? People will just start mashing their numbers till something is picked. You can't really force someone to vote for a map or make them read them. I do it all the time on ZM. Something comes up, and i just hit a random number.
        • Aug 13, 2013
          How do you make that assumption, I know for me at least I spam 1 a lot because of changing weapons or idling around fast swapping. In my opinion you're being less than intelligent claiming people will adapt to 4 spamming.

EDIT: I just don't see a randomized map list going to stop 1 spam.
          MF JEFF, Sep 15, 2013 Last edited by MF JEFF, Sep 15, 2013
        • Jan 13, 2013
          What vote randomizing will do, is it will give a list to each user and randomly generate that list based on the given nomination maps. No one person should have the same vote menu. (1/7! chance it will be the same).
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Feb 27, 2012
            That's exactly how it works. I've tested it with @Detonator already.

Tony's Nominations will look like:
            Apple
            Cherry
            Banana
            Egg
            Doritos

Who_er:
            Doritos
            Banana
            Egg
            Apple
            Cherry

LuciD:
            Egg
            Apple
            Banana
            Cherry
            Doritos

It makes everybody's nominations different.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Dec 27, 2012
              As mentioned above, vote randomizing is probably our best bet yet. I'm pretty sure it will solve the problem because if it won't, then I don't know what will.
            • May 31, 2012
              The runoff vote seems good, it would narrow down the map vote some.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Aug 1, 2011
                I'm curious, how much bandwidth and processing power does this consume server side with a server that has 62 people on it? Since a randomized map vote list would have to be generated and sent out to every client on the server.

And does it really make a difference? Most people keymash 1 regardless of what's there. So if you randomize the map list on a client to client basis, you're just going to have a map win that was completely random. At that point, might as well remove the vote option all together and get a random map selector plugin and go with that, removing the human element.
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Aug 16, 2013
                  The only vote that shouldn't be counted as a vote is the 1 spammers. Any other number should be fine.
                • Aug 12, 2012
                  so just leave the number 1 blank and see how it goes from there, don't tell me 2 spammers now lol
                • Oct 13, 2011
                  I'd spam 2 then. Hue.
                • Mar 12, 2008
                  So you don't want popular nominated maps to be spam voted and played, but you also don't want random maps that never get to be played to be spam vote played either?

The logic here is giving my brian cramps. Either everyone will keep spamming votes and keep picking crappy maps, or take the time to look and pick the maps they want. Can't tell people what to do, after all. There will never be and end to 1-spam.

EDIT: at least a randomizer will give a chance to halt inevitable 1-spam.
                • Apr 1, 2012
                  I would say that "1 spam" only occur when:
                  -new players are in the server. new as in players who just tried out ZE recently and don't know which map is which. more experienced players don't 1 spam or are aware of !revote function. from what I observe nowadays, people getting the 1st nomination slot always nominate decent to good maps (in my opinion ofc) except when some *cough* people *cough* decide to joke around.

-the vote pops in the middle of a tense situation. for example, in a hard boss fight or is holding zombies in a hard spot. when you're in an intense situation, you can't really give a crap about the maps in the vote.

both issues which can never be solved by modifying anything on the server-side.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Aug 12, 2012
                    and also someone on the mic spamming to pick one, but whoever say a number on the mic usually that map get pick unless there multiple people spamming different numbers on the mic. I admit I do that time from time lol