Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

votemute command

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Death Killer, Jul 15, 2011

1. Jun 19, 2011
    Someone recently complained to me that there's a need for the votemute command so that incase there's no admin on, mic spammer can be muted. I personally think it's a good idea and we should get it.
  2. Feb 1, 2011
    I believe you mean !motemute, and we used to have it but it was removed. You'll have to ask Josh why.
  3. Mar 16, 2008
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    Well that was an incredibly complex explanation thank you Josh.
  5. Jul 20, 2010
    Probably the same reason we don't have votekick and voteban. People will just abuse it and gang up on people.
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    yeah any kind of vote commands get abused and legit players get punished. You get a group of friends in there and they'll just start vote muting/kicking/banning anyone they don't like.
  7. May 6, 2011
    I want to use Hellgamers for example, they have voteban commands on there server, and I never cn anyone there abusing the commands.

But, I have seen all of the players on our servers will always "SPAM 1", so.....I don't know.

I have cn scenarious where it wasn't abused, but at sametime really worried that people will abuse vote mute.
  8. Feb 18, 2011
    On the plus side at least if there is a level two admin or higher on the can cancel the vote.
  9. Feb 1, 2010
    I played on many servers with vote command and they all get abused and player get banned or kicked for no reason. I'm for NO! :smile:
  10. Jun 4, 2006
    it was removed from our servers because we witnessed the abuse first hand...
  11. Feb 1, 2011
    :3333333333
  12. Mar 19, 2011
    Well if there was an Admin on then there would be no need to even have votemute, as the Admin would just mute the mic spammer. If there is a Spammer and there is no Admin on all you need to do is mute from Player list. Votemute would more then likely get abused.
  13. Feb 12, 2011
    Heck, theres enough admins online at every time of the day, if you REALLY need an admin, you can try and get them on your friendslist... Votemute will just result in being heavily abused, as in people will votemute the person who disagrees.(in a random conversation)
  14. Nov 14, 2010
    He's only saying this because he knows he'll be banned all the time, lol.

But in all seriousness, I don't agree with allowing this incredibly barbaric command to be used in the hands of the very people we seem to have to remind about the rules. There are many ways to reach an admin when there are none in game. Believe it or not we have over 179 forum-listed game-admins, and over 230 admins with SourceBans access. That's plenty if you ask me. First, add/message an admin on steam friends. We're not required to accept a friendship with you, but most of us will message back at least. And if for SOME reason that doesn't work, you can always go to our source bans site at http://plaguefest.co...ex.php?p=submit and submit a ban request. A SourceBans moderator, usually an LSA will be on it as soon as possible to take care of the problem, if there is one. If all else fails, and nothing is getting done, try our forums. They've proven to be very helpful in most cases.
  15. Oct 29, 2010
  16. May 6, 2011
    I mean there are a lot more people playing on Hellgamers than our server, and they still using it.
    I guess we have more trolls than any other servers out there. I don't know if that is something for us to be proud of.

Guess best thing is still,

Join "mumble" and alert any admin on there if someone is breaking the rules,
    or/and
    Add more Admins on your Steam, so you can alert us
    or/and
    Post on forum
    or/and
    !reports (if it still working, sorry, haven't been updated with all the lastest evensts) the player abuse
  17. Feb 1, 2010
  18. Feb 18, 2011
    Maybe try to fix that instead of adding vote mute/kick/ban? Then add a message that shows up in chat about !report
  19. Jun 4, 2006
    report relied on IRC and the entire system was buggy as fuck. Unless the guy comes out with a new / updated version you probably won't see that.
  20. Feb 21, 2007