Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion voting for next map...

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Towelie, Jun 15, 2014

1. Dec 27, 2013

I would like to make a suggestion for a new voting system.
    I think many people will agree when I say, i am freaking tired of "1 spamming" atleast on ZE:poop:.
    Most of the time this prevents us going to a more decent map!
    And of course the troll nominations like (ze_colors / ze_convoy..) when people know there are enough "1 spammer" and not enough "regulars" to counter with :frown: wich end up with rage quiting.

Sooo, what about we are replacing 1 - 2 - 3. . with something like:
    1. Think about it..
    2. BOT..
    3. ze/zm_. . . .
    4. ze/zm_. . . .

what ever :razz:

We can say instead of " 1 " people going to vote spamm " 3 " but atleast they keep an eye on wich maps are nominated.
    instead of blindfolded smashing "1"

Tell me, what you guys think about. .

peace !
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Apr 1, 2012
      • Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Sep 25, 2010

Edit:> Basically we're working on it.
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Programming King Programming King x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Nov 29, 2012
          I don't completely agree with this idea, because in my opinion it wouldn't really help the ''1 spam". For example, if we were to change it like you said
          1. Think about it..
          2. BOT..
          3. ze/zm_. . . . (new spammed number)
          4. ze/zm_. . .
          Then 3 would be in place of the 1 spam, and assuming that 3 maybe the nominated map, or not, it would still be spammed since it's technically still the first map choice. I'm not sure if that made sense or not. :razz: Always been my imput on the idea, doesn't seem like it would really change anything. People are just trollolols.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • May 29, 2012
            1. 9th nom
            2. 8th nom
            9. 1st nom
            ????????????????????

Gesendet von meinem DARKNIGHT mit Tapatalk
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Nov 29, 2012
              That could work, but it seems like it would defeat the purpose of the donator perks, being able to nominatea map, and hopefully getting first nomination. If 1st nomination that someone picked changes to 9th, then that person's chosen map may not get played because number 1 (9th nom) would still probably be spammed? It could work though. I'm not sure. :razz: seems like an unbeatable thing to me.
            • May 29, 2012
              Well but it would defeat trolls from getting 1st nom.

Gesendet von meinem DARKNIGHT mit Tapatalk
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Dec 27, 2013
                well on other server this seems to work very well, my experience - less 3 votes but lots of random, it seems like people are confused about the 1 and 2 button and start smashing a random number, wich is still wayy better then just pressing 1 ^^

wait whoat ? its still the same vote system when i joined first time here "i think". wich was back in 2010/11 :yawn:

i like this one but what if we just add a randomizer to it :razz:
                for example, randomizer gets triggered when the vote comes up: mixing the noms. so its completly random.

Come on this sounds great huh ?
                • Like Like x 1
                • Mar 20, 2012
                  With soon he really means soon this time and not half life 3- soon.

All people get a vote with randomized nominations kind of...so even if there is 1 spam it wouldnt matter because all maps would benefit from 1 spam. Another thing is that you dont need to spam your nomination at the beginning of the round in order to get the number #1 slot in the list.

I don't think that we need voting options like on other servers where they use all keys 1-0 ...it is just more than necessary and people who don't care press any button instead of 1 then.
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Aug 12, 2012
                    I like the idea of randomized nomination. However, people are still going to spam 1 even with the random system unless there people on the mic telling them to pick something else.

I'm just wondering how the server population will be if we implemented the random system. We may be playing more map that are usually not in the cycle (which keep the server populate) and end up with +20 spec or many people leaving. Well we just got to find out when the time comes, will see.

@Towelie Convoy? we'll do fine :evilgrin:
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Feb 25, 2014
                      I would say, remove voting and only chance map when people RTV it away, otherwise just stick to the cycle including all maps.
                    • Oct 13, 2011
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                      • Aug 7, 2012

Randomizing the vote would be pretty cool, it'd definitely prevent people with better computers from gaining an advantage at the start of the round.
                        • Agree Agree x 2
                        • Apr 28, 2013
                          Speaking of "people with better computers from gaining an advantage at the start" some servers have it so that people can't nominate maps until 2 minutes into the round.

To recap, here's the list of suggestions mentioned.

1. Randomize the nominations on voting so that the first nomination isn't number 1, 2nd nomination is number 2, etc.

2. Prevent 1 spamming by making so that options 1 and 2 are "greyed out".
                          e.g.
                          1. Think about voting
                          2. BOT
                          3. Map nomination
                          4. Map nomination

3. Make it so that people have to nominate 2 minutes into the round so that people with better computers can't nomination maps at the exact start and/or use bind commands to immediately nominate a map at start.
                          • Agree Agree x 3
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • Feb 13, 2014
                            I believe randomization of the nominated maps would be in the best interest of the community. It would alleviate people who just mash "1" to get the menu to go away. This has been an issue with every ZM/ZE server I have played on for years. In my opinion, this would be the least intrusive option that still allows for smooth game play.

I don't think this would end up working out well, unless it is really polished. If we make it where choice "1" and "2" are grayed out or don't apply to an actual map value wouldn't we essentially lose those votes, or break the map change because a non-existent map was chosen?

Another great idea to add to the servers. Although, I don't see people nominating almost instantly as I get "on" the server as much as I use to. I do understand how this is an issue with select people always getting the first nomination. However, if recommendation #1 comes to fruition, this need should be rendered moot as regardless of nomination the list is randomized.
                          • Aug 12, 2012
                            how about just combine all of them :wink:
                          • Nov 4, 2013
                            How about something where the person has to initiate the vote? That way, spammers who don't care wont have a vote at all.

For example: When a vote comes up, a message that says "Press 3 to vote" comes up. When you hit 3, THEN you see the list of nominations.
                          • Feb 27, 2012
                          • Dec 17, 2007
                            Basically ppl are just going to keep playing the same old boring maps, bc for some reason ppl want to keep going to them, like choosing unpanic or lil panic over another map bc its common and 1 spammers. The only way I see to end this would be to completely get rid of the voting system as it is. You would the nominations, but allow multiple nominations for the same map, get rid of the 1,2,3,4 voting system, and then based on the number of nominations the map will automatically change to that map, or a random map if there isn't enough nominations for one map. Basically you would be allowing everyone to nominate (to include regular player), allowing multiple nominations for one map, that way if someone wants a map they actually have to type nominate and choose that map, getting rid of the 1,2,3,4 votes and 1 spammers.
                          • Apr 28, 2013
                            Speaking of vote suggestions, how is the new plugin coming along after this thread has been dead for a while.