Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

WA and CO: Marijuana = Legal!

Discussion in In The News started by rxn, Nov 7, 2012

1. Aug 2, 2010
    First states in the nation to pass a law making small quantities of marijuana legal for possession. An ounce is the limit for legal possession.

So, aside from @dillinger, who else will be moving to these states?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Jul 28, 2011
      I want to move back to CO! Not because of the weed, just because it's a nice place...
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Are these countries desperate to earn money or whut? I can't believe this is even happening.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Yea, not like you can't smoke anywhere else.... the only people that get caught are the ones that sell to undercover cops, or smoke at a school like dumbasses.
      • Feb 14, 2012
        FYI. Federal law trumps state law in the case two laws conflict. Pot is still technically illegal in those states. It's up to the state and local police if they are going to enforce federal law but the DEA could still come for you.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Oct 9, 2012
          If you carry under an ounce on you and get caught then your a dumbass..
        • Apr 9, 2007
          In the states, there are a lot of charges for possession, a lot seem to go to prison for it. As a result of this there's a lot of violence. Since prohibiting the content seems to have failed, quite a few places are considering legalization for adults. We're actually behind.
        • Oct 17, 2011
          I wouldn't go to these states for some kind of shit drinking like marijuana which is one of the most shittiest to shitty drink. A lot of car accidents and deaths happened because of it just to let you noobs know and I don't care if you like my opinion or not. My dad was like you guys until one day he realized it was wrong and almost ended up in hospital, but he managed to stop with these stuff.
        • Feb 14, 2012
          State, county, and city authorities have absolutely no jurisdiction when it comes to enforcing federal law. That's where the DEA, FBI, ATF, etc comes in but I would love to see them going after every single resident for possessing a petty amount that a state views as legal.

The feds tried cracking down on marijuana when medical marijuana was made legal in the state of CA. They failed miserably.
          Post Merged, Nov 7, 2012
          Can someone translate this from douchetard to English for me?
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 14, 2012
            OK. I understand the likelihood of enforcement is slim to impossible. I was just saying that it's not technically legal. That's all I was getting at. Smoke up my mountain brothers.
          • Apr 9, 2007
            • Funny Funny x 2
            • Feb 21, 2007
              • Like Like x 1
              • Jul 1, 2010
                Basically what Moose is saying is that federal law overrides state law, which means you can pass all of the marijuana laws that you want and it won't matter unless the federal law is changed. It's called the Supremacy Clause in the US Constitution, and yes it applies in this instance. The government has threatened before to send federal agents in to enforce if these things were passed, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

My prediction: Federal government sues the states that passed the law and takes it all to the U.S. Supreme Court which rules in favor of the government.

Source: My good amount forensic and government/law classes that I got my degree with.

NOTE: I AM FULLY IN AGREEMENT THAT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD CHANGE THE LAW AND TAX THE FUCK OUT OF IT LIKE CIGARETTES.
                • Like Like x 2
                  Dharkk, Nov 7, 2012 Last edited by Dharkk, Nov 7, 2012
                • Oct 29, 2010
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Oct 17, 2011
                    • Jul 14, 2010
                      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
                      • Sep 5, 2012
                        Now I have two reasons to go watch @ Denver Nuggets games.
                      • Aug 18, 2006
                        Should be interesting to see how this works out. I probably still wont smoke even if it becomes legal though.

And, lol:

[IMG]
                        • Funny Funny x 3
                        • Mar 4, 2012
                          The Fed gov't just needs to legalize it and then tax the shit out of it so fagtards like rxn have something new to bitch about.