Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

WaffleZombie Problems name calling skycloud

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by SkyCloud, Dec 25, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 26, 2011
    Ones again I'm just sick of her calling me mevlin I'm so sick of it please permabanned this wallfezombie

And yes I got proof to ask her to stop.

STEAM ID:WaffleZombie STEAM_0:1:7201029
    IwantToFU STEAM_0:1:43461482

pictuers:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012615688/screenshot/631860316898942319/?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012615688/screenshot/631860316898943428/?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012615688/screenshot/631860316898944555/?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012615688/screenshot/631860316898945524/?tab=public

Look's to me this one is out of control plz one of the uper admin to look at this, And this one is going about 1 month or 2 month its GETTING RLY ANNOYING!!!!!!!
  2. Sep 30, 2011
    I may just be an asshole, or wrong, or possibly both. My advice on this is either ignore it, or grow up.
    I don't see why you would let something like this bother you so much man. It's honestly to easy to just ignore that shit and play.

Second, I don't see this as permaban. You could possibly at the most get him yelled at and kicked for harassment.
    Although I will not go out of my way to do this.

TL;DR - Ignore him/her and play. To easy.
  3. Jul 14, 2010
    There's nothing really wrong about the word melvin that would fall under the rules, you can simply ignore it..... I really don't think this is even worth counting under a harassment rule... If anything, this would be a gag, and I wouldn't even do that.
  4. Mar 26, 2011
    omg she keep on calling me all day long no admins dont even care.

and its rly getting pissing me OFF!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Sep 30, 2011
    It's not that we don't care. If we didn't care we wouldn't have responded to your post at all.
    We just can't be bothered to deal with this. If I banned everyone for calling someone else a name or two our servers would be unpopulated.
    There is a reason most things on the internet have an Age Requirement.

Deal with it, or find a new Server. Sorry.
  6. Feb 21, 2007
    why? its a name...its not like they are calling you a bad name like a racial slur or swear word. they are just calling you a name, no different than johnny or steven or alex.....

I think you need to grow up about this...i dont mind telling them to be quiet and leave you alone, but thats as far as it needs to go.
  7. Apr 9, 2007
  8. Mar 26, 2011
  9. Oct 29, 2010

Really, why was this thread borne anyways?
  10. Aug 1, 2011
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=melvin

Basically Melvin means nerd, nothing wrong with it, just people being stupid. Simple solution, ignore them. Hell, if we reacted every time someone called someone else a name, there would be a lot more bans out there. These people are trolling you only because your biting into it hard.
  11. Jan 12, 2011
    Ordinarily I would agree to just ignore the person, but if this has been occurring for some time I would suggest taking some measure against it.

Siting our Detailed Procedures by Harvey:

While I'm aware that this rule was originally made for excessive language, and that the Indexes haven't been updated in some time to accommodate new or server-specific rules, this does currently include "trolling" in its details. We should split this detailed rule into one for just excessive language and then create a new respective number for trolling and detail it, but for now we have this.

Please consider, even though the word "Melvin" is innocent in definition. If I were to start calling Rets "cupcake" for the next month just to annoy him, I'm sure he would have a word with me to make it stop, too. Context is the important thing to look at here, and if this player's only intent is to bother Skycloud we should really look into it.
  12. Feb 1, 2011
    Maybe if you would stop being such a melvin they'd quit calling you a melvin.

EDIT: Vad you're being a huge melvin too.
  13. Mar 26, 2011
    I told her to stop plenty of time calling me that and they wouldn't.
  14. Jan 21, 2011
    Is this your first day on the internet? I can't imagine how you would fare on a console shooter with the 12 year olds calling you names.

The solution is simple: GROW A PAIR and ignore it.
  15. Feb 18, 2011

Skycloud I remember telling you how to disable chat and mic. Do that so you can stop getting annoyed.
  16. Jan 12, 2011
    That's a great idea actually. I forgot you can do that in-game.

Also, rereading the OP, we wouldn't permaban unless it was something really severe, which this isn't. The most this might warrant would be a kick or short ban if it got out of hand, but only if other means have been exercised and this player is making it a goal to harass you Skycloud. Try other things first, such as just disabling their ability to talk to you and ignoring other attempts to bug you.
  17. May 27, 2008
    That's why you IGNORE it and maybe they'll stop. Ever think of that?

You got the same response you'd get from asking someone on SteamIM.
  18. Aug 18, 2006

...Wait what? :whistling:

Ignore the person and they will stop. Feeding him will just motivate him more.
  19. Jun 19, 2011
    Maybe you need to communicate with people better so they respect you and will stop being rude to you.
  20. Jul 14, 2010
    Admins are here to enforce server rules, not hold the hands of players. While I agree we step in on some trolling, this is just ridiculous.

Grow up and ignore it. :locked:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.