Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Wanna ride the pony one more time?

Discussion in Minecraft started by Taters, Aug 30, 2014

How about it? One more go for old times?

I like polls and multiple choices. 5 vote(s) 20.8%
Meh, i'm lame and like CS:S minecraft because OG minecraft is too hard. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I'd probably play it once or twice, but not really interested. 4 vote(s) 16.7%
Count me in. 9 vote(s) 37.5%
Hovel construction team dibs! 6 vote(s) 25.0%
  1. Mar 12, 2008
    As I was logging off of FFXIV for the day I thought "I haven't played minecraft in a while, wonder what's changed". Apparently a lot. I saw they're renting server space through themselves for $13. Last time there wasn't much buzz about it and the server we were running (and our work on it; mostly dharkk's) eventually flopped.

Do people still have an interest in minecraft? (I realize this question and the last sentence of the first paragraph contradict each other but there was enough people logging in before, enough to warrant running a modded server for a few months.)

With the realms servers you need to be invited to join/play, the servers are really small right now and according to the FAQ 20 can be invited total, and 10 can be on at one time. If there's enough interest I can throw $13 to test it out for a month but I want there to be a solid interest in it first otherwise it will be a waste of time and a month's FFXIV sub, and that would make me pretty salty.

Modding isn't allowed just yet, so it would most likely offer creative and survival at the very least. There are no size restrictions either so no worries about 2k block borders to save space. The payment options are nice because I can either set recurring or single payments depending on the longevity I want instead of worrying about a possibly missed monthly bill and other random-bullshit RSVP from the host's mail bot. I've got no problem doing this but I think minecraft is infinitely more fun when there's a group of us playing.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      Taters, Aug 30, 2014 Last edited by Taters, Aug 30, 2014
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Awesome, I would love to play MC again :monkey:
    • Oct 20, 2012
      I remember a time when we played pokemon minecraft together and it didn't work well.
    • Mar 12, 2008
      yeah, it was awkward and weird thanks to server lag and a semi-unfinished mod. What i'm hoping is that since everything is run thru mojang lag wont be too much of a problem and we can have a decent guaranteed alive server to play on, instead of one through a spotty host that may or may not be active and/or prone to ddos attempts. Our UNQhost or whatever it was that we were running our server on last wasn't exactly stellar
    • Apr 2, 2011
      I miss the Minecraft Server that Dharkk and Haplo maintained. I built a lot of cool things and it was really enjoyable. If another pF Minecraft Server comes about I will be playing it quite a bit.
      I also made skins for several of the players during that time and I would love to make more :callme:
    • Oct 29, 2010
      I'd definitely be up for it, no idea how well it'll hold my interest though.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 15, 2011
        If you want to test it for now, I have a server. It's cheap as dicks so even though I haven't used it in half a year, I still pay for it. Just hit me up on steam if you're interested, I'll get back to you when I'm on. On a side note, although we can't do mods yet, maps can be uploaded. Also there are mini-games to choose from, never tested them but they could be interesting.
        • Like Like x 1
          Dirtbag, Aug 30, 2014 Last edited by Dirtbag, Aug 30, 2014
        • Mar 12, 2008
          Ah thanks. That sounds great
        • Jul 1, 2010
          Updated my shit and migrated my account. Dunno if I'd play all that much though.
        • May 17, 2014
          I have a vanilla server it is not 24/7 though and its pretty crap.
        • Feb 24, 2011
          I'd like to chip in if possible, though i'm not sure how often i'll be available due to things and stuff and things.

:callme:
        • May 27, 2008
        • Feb 27, 2012
          I might play it with everyone. haven't played in a while. i prefer mod packs with industrial craft and shit. so like Direwolf 20 or whatever.
        • Jan 21, 2011

I'll play.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • May 27, 2008
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Jul 12, 2014
              My favorite mods are mo' creatures and furniture mod. What can I say I like decorating houses.
            • Dec 30, 2006
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • May 15, 2011
                People seem to be misunderstanding that the server is run though Minecraft Realms, meaning there will be NO mods, just a vanilla server and Minecraft officially supported Mini-games. That said, with command blocks it is possible to create our own mini-games of sorts, we just need someone who's willing to spend the time creating them.
                • Like Like x 2
                • Jun 23, 2011
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • May 15, 2011
                    So, is this actually gonna happen or did you just have a moment @Taters? If you want to use my already paid for server, I'll need everyone's MC names since it has a built in white list.