Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Want a double barrel AR?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Clam Chowder, Jul 18, 2012

1. Jul 18, 2012
    But It Is Not Gonna Be a Long Range Gun
    Crysis, Jul 18, 2012 Last edited by Crysis, Jul 18, 2012
  2. May 15, 2011
    This is an abomination! It's like taking a human child and giving it a third arm. It's just unnatural. Burn it. Burn it with fire.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dec 2, 2011
      What makes you say that and define what you mean by long range. Obviously your not going to shoot it like its a sniper, But i could imagine that it would be sick for CQB and Breach and clears.

EDIT: To bad we couldnt make something like this on pf. For like zombies or somewhat.... that would be sick. imo.
    • Jun 17, 2011
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 14, 2011
        Are there 2 crosshairs in that sight for both barrels? D;
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Meh not practical recoil is gonna be a bitch with having to fight both barrels firing at the same time. Maybe if you could set it to fire one mag at a time then I could see it but then why not get a gun that takes drum mags? :arrogant:
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • May 14, 2011
        • May 15, 2011
        • May 14, 2011

• Jul 20, 2010
          Yea if its a shitty barrel lol, most guns can go on full auto and fire close to 1000 rounds non-stop before heating becoming an issue. That double barrel AR would indeed have a overheating issue since the barrels are so close that it couldn't do rapid fire for prolonged periods of time since it won't cool off enough also depends on what they used to make the barrels and how good they are. But still a very impractical gun to use more of a hey look what I wasted money on gun lol.

@Ghost that's what 2-3 round burst mode fire is for :razz:
        • May 14, 2011
        • Jul 20, 2010
          You don't double tap targets also fyi. Its two to the chest and one to the head. To make sure said target is down. I guess this gun might be good for CQC but don't think people will take that into battle over the M4A1, M16A3, SCAR or the HK416.
        • May 14, 2011
          Im just quoting from the site, dont tell me, email the goddam people who made the thing.

(no offense)
        • Jul 6, 2012
          Looks like an upgraded version of M4A1 to me! Double Barrel and Double STANAG 30 rounds magazine of caliber 5.56.
          It sure seems great to go Rambo on breach and clears as Richard said and I think I would be most adaptable for close quarters engagement since it has Double Barrel, more fire power, meaning it would kick a lot, so it wouldn't be very efficient at long range.

This^
          That weapon is equipped with a suppressor on each barrel that helps them cooling down by expanding the gases, but wouldn't take the heat generated by a 100 round mag spray.
          Riko, Jul 18, 2012 Last edited by Riko, Jul 18, 2012
        • Nov 11, 2011
          This is what happens when you sit on the forums all day and respond to every thread that you have no idea about.

Also, this makes my penis hard. I'm sure there.is an application to this weapon but what do you think @Ray ?
        • Apr 1, 2012

or twin-barreled M134
        • Nov 29, 2010
          Aaaand here comes Badgirl with the buzzkill wagon, like always, listing off military shit.

First off:
          Chances are, this will be a civilian owned weapon, meaning Full Auto will not be an option out of the box. (Like an AR-15)

Secondly:
          In most long range engagements, soldiers don't need incredible rates of fire or fully auto for that matter, only in cqc will you be firing in bursts.

Thirdly:
          5.56x45mm NATO does not kick as hard as people think it should. Get that terminology out of your head.

And Finally
          Most AR's face the same problem, heat. They are not designed for sustained automatic fire, an M4a1 cannot survive more than 2 minutes of fully automatic fire without catastrophic failure, about 500-600 rounds.

It comes down to the barrel and how much punishment it can withstand.

I found this rifle rather interesting, and silly at the same time, wonder how it'll preform during field testing.
          Clam Chowder, Jul 18, 2012 Last edited by Clam Chowder, Jul 18, 2012
        • Jul 20, 2010
          Whoa rude just telling it as it is. :razz: Depends where you live in the states some states allow full auto weapons :grin:. That all depends on firefights range and how intense the firefight is also highly doubt any solider will carry that in battle. Yes I know the 5.56 doesn't kick much but with that added barrel you will notice the kick even more since you have two rounds coming out of two barrels at once. Yes most AR's face the overheating problem but this one would have a bigger heating issue since both barrels are so close to each other not allowing them to fully cool down at times for a while.
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Who needs full auto when my 7.62x54r nagat does the job? :razz: