Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Want a mosaic?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by CastleX, Apr 7, 2012

1. Jan 28, 2012
    So for my CS 215 class we had to create a program that generates a mosaic made up of filler images. If anyone wants a mosaic created for an picture, just attach it in a post on this forum. The only requirement is that it must be a 4:3 aspect ratio such as 1024x768 pixels, or 800x600 pixels, any 4:3 ratio will do. Nothing inappropriate or questionable please. The highest resolution I've been able to make is 10240x7680 with a file size of 22 MB and composed of 16384 filler images. Obviously I'll downscale it back to its original size with the image shrinker program we made before this. :razz: Here is an example. Don't insert the images like I did, only upload the file. I'll generate the mosaic and reply to your post with an attached mosaic image.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. May 14, 2011
    what I don't like about that program its it cuts the surface up into squares and takes an average of the colour It should look for areas with the same colour and turn them into 1 block and the blocks can only have "straight"lins that can go in any direction. Ive never programmed but it would invole something like the aobe magic wand and somthing to cut up the blocks found.

Just an idea

mosaic-1

So look at that can look at your converted panda pic. Big diffference.

I'm not being negative, really like your program but that would be the issue with it.
  3. Jan 28, 2012
    Don't really see how a program could be made to handle any image like that...
  4. May 14, 2011
    I dunno ive seen it done separatly. Measure each colour and group all the other colours in the vacinity with a small change in colour and then pick the average colour of that group. Then make a picture made out of that. Im sure it wouldn't be that hard to straighten the lines out afterwards and add the grey cement in-between the tiles.

Like this but group the colours

Untitled-2 -> mosaic eg

This is the stained glass filter on photoshop. It would be nicer if the cells of the same colour were grouped though.
  5. Jan 28, 2012
    You know im filling it with images right?