Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Want suggestions for mechanics

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by an14, Aug 19, 2014

1. Aug 15, 2014
    Perhaps I come here seeking more attention than the progression of my may, since it is possible that I might have all of the answers inside myself. But.
    I wish to know whatever you guys might conjure up that might function well as.

1. A mechanic that forces humans forward (teleporter) that is warned, or inherent in the map (get on the elevator before it leaves). Or any warning system (other than timers) that might tell the humans when a zombie teleporter happens, and where the zombie teleporter happens. (I tire of unwarned zombie teleportations)

2. Ideas for "filler" in the map that will extend the duration of the "paths" I make. Most of my map is just a "base path" with no junk in the way to obstruct it, and I will probably need to rely on stuff to "extend it" else it would be too short.
    Though I feel this is less of a problem since I can just add junk in the way, which may nullify any need for human forcing mechanics (tight corridors).
    Yet it is likely that both of these suggestions are probably important enough to include anyways (I might be surprised).

Link to video

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsqRQipHJ9g

PS. I plan on cutting out that low-grav jumping section, which will make extension though junk/stuff wanted
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • Aug 15, 2014
      I show activity (perhaps petty) that I am still here! And to those who are fond of my endeavors, I create "news".

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9z0ctP6BQQ&feature=youtu.be

I am "prototyping" warning mechanics designed to "force" the humans forward so they don't stay at a good camping spot indefinitely without using those teleporters.