Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

War Thunder Ground Forces

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Hitman 47, Jan 9, 2015

1. Oct 25, 2012
    First anyone else play it? second two T34's pull out from under a bridge single fie so I fire at the lead one and the shell goes through one kills him into the 2nd and ammo raks him playing the Tiger makes me feel dirty like I need to shower hahahhaa
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Jul 20, 2010
      I looked at this when it came out and didn't look at all too impressed with it.

If you like WWII games try out Heroes and Generals, its a game me and @Dirtbag have played a few times together.

I do admit though using the Tiger Tank in the game makes me feel so damn powerful, I need to rank up to unlock the Tiger II(King Tiger)
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 15, 2011
        Like Bad said if you're looking for a more immersive game I'd go for Heroes and Generals. Though I do like War Thunder, both Aviation and Ground Forces, Ground Forces feels like they're trying to be realistic about it but still compete with WoT as an Arcade game. I'd be more interested and willing to play if it was team oriented and not just random match making, and if you could have more than one person in a tank, like it should be for the realistic setting.
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Also another thing about Heroes and Generals, you have ground and air units on most of the maps together or just ground units. Ground units include tanks, armored personnel carriers, jeeps and infantry.
      • Oct 25, 2012
        I play Heros and Generals I just don't like being the MG gunner in a tank because you pop out to rek someone and pop you get dropped by a sniper
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Tank warfare is fun, espically in Battlefield 4!
        :soldier:
      • Jul 20, 2010
        You fool, never leave your tank just rek people from inside it. I use my tank as a self-propelled artillery piece, sit back behind my infantry and provide anti-infantry and anti-tank support with my HE rounds and AP rounds.

I like Heroes and Generals because its WWII game-play and it requires you to use WWII tactics. Tanks aren't god like in other games. You need infantry with you to support you and cover you from enemy infantry trying to flank your tank and your tank supports infantry and you cover them from incoming small rounds fire and take out enemy tanks.

War Thunder Ground forces just doesn't have any strategy behind other than your basic tank warfare strategy.
      • Oct 25, 2012
        I normally cant get into the gunners seat in time so i'm stuck with using the commanders mounted 30cal on top of the M4.....that I have to jump out to use when the infantry needs supporting fire and 90% of the time the moment I jump out to start firing BAM im ded
      • Jul 20, 2010
        There's your problem you playing as the Americans. I play for the glorious German war-machine :razz:. I love me my Panzer's and Tiger II's. I have noticed though that the Americans tend to lose most of the wars on that game.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Oct 25, 2012
          Yeah I know but I like playing the #merica side at anyrate I unlocked the Tiger II (P) in Ground forces and today I shot the turret of an IS3 clear off blew It sky friggin high.....and as im sitting there I think

That kids probly salty enough to come back and try to shoot me in the behind if I stay here :razz: so I back up out of this little covering with a bridge uponto an elevated hill behind it.....not 30 seconds latter here here comes with his cannon pointed into the entrance where I had been......one shot from an 88mm long sent his T34's turret flying

[IMG]
          • Like Like x 1
          • Oct 25, 2012
            I might start streaming WT Ground forces soon either through twitch or through steam i'll look into both tonight :wink:
            • Like Like x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Oct 25, 2012
              So streaming WT Ground forces through steam is outa the question tried it had 10 people watching and my ping went from 37 to 560+.....so it looks like I've gotta break down and make a real twitch channel :silly:

Edit: here's the channel i'll be using

via http://www.twitch.tv/pfhitman47
              • Like Like x 1
                Hitman 47, Jan 22, 2015 Last edited by Hitman 47, Jan 22, 2015
              • Oct 25, 2012
                Hitman 47, Jan 22, 2015 Last edited by Hitman 47, Jan 22, 2015