Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

WARNING: Trovi

Discussion in Software Sanctuary started by Meltdown™, Sep 6, 2014

1. Feb 25, 2014
    I want to warn people for trovi.com this so called search bar comes sneaky with free software you download and it caused you to see tons of shit advertisement and makes you're browser slower etc etc. I got it ascendantly on my pc but removed it just now because I hate search bars or stuff any other then my default settings.

IF you got problems also with trovi and you haven't notice before i strongly advice to remove it because it puts allot of shit on you're pc you will not be aware of it. Here is a guide I followed for removing. Always be aware when you download free software, 90% of the time it isn't free so check what you download and what is tagging along with it.

http://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/7518-trovi-redirect
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      i just removed this thing from my aunts computer a couple days ago. It's a piece of shit. No matter how many times you change your default page or new tab page, it will just go back to Trovi when you restart. Hijacks the shit out of your browsers.
    • May 17, 2014
    • Feb 25, 2014
      It happens allot with older people and they just don't know how to get rid of it.

Also one note you don't have to download programs to remove it, just use the manual guide, don't let them fool you into taking an ex-tern program while you can easily remove it yourself if you take the time for it.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      But you should run a scan afterwards with programs like Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, etc.
    • Jun 11, 2012
    • Nov 29, 2010
      Somebody downloaded utorrent and forgot to decline offers :u
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 29, 2014
      • Dec 31, 2013
        yeah search conduit is also bad, dont get any conduit search engines either :razz:
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          Oh, that one is so common! When I was a computer technician, I would see a lot of people using conduit and coming in for malware removal services.

I have some side advice, which is basic information and I believe it might be helpful for many of you:
          [IMG]

A lot of these malware programs like to startup on their own. You can disable it from automatically starting up. On your start menu you can type in "msconfig" and go to the startup tab, and you can disable programs from automatically starting up. It also provides information like the Manufacturer and the file location.

If your computer has internet connection, I have found Norton Power Eraser (NPE) to be very useful for removing pesky malware. It's free and you can put the executable file on your USB flash drive. NPE is usable during safe mode. They constantly update which has it's ups and downs: The up side is that you have the latest version to stay competitive and updated as malware becomes more complicated, but the down side is you can't use the older version if an update exists.

Of course, you can remove software using the Control Panel as suggested in the earlier page, or deleting the folder in the programs directory; however, some of these writers know that you are going to aim for that right away and will make it very difficult to do it the more intuitive way.
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          • Dec 31, 2013
            nice man! I didn't know about msconfig, it's extremely useful! wow can't believe I didn't know about that...
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Jul 8, 2012
              As a current help desk tech, I use it almost daily. It's nice. We use Malwarebytes and Combofix usually to remove stuff. Never tried that Norton program. I used to have Norton antivirus and well... that was awful at best.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Feb 27, 2012
                :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:
                • Agree Agree x 4
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • May 31, 2012
                  I'm not a big fan of Symantec products, and Norton was horrible up until ~ 2008. I think people really lost trust in their name, and I have even heard of people comparing it to viruses. I've heard better things about the latest versions, but I still wont try it. NPE isn't an antivirus, and it is only used for removal.

Ah, I've seen combofix available through HBCD. I haven't tried it; also, I've heard of great things about Malwarebytes. I just wanted to suggest something free, but don't oppose the other suggestions.

@Ra1n, no problem dude! Yeah, it's really useful to know some of these things :wink: and you can use it to help optimize your computer ie. decrease boot time and turn off some of the background applications you do not use. Glad it helps.
                  • Zing! Zing! x 1
                  • Jul 8, 2012
                    Malwarebytes is free. :razz: that's why I use it. I do have a pro key though. But still.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
                  • Jun 11, 2012
                    Outpost Firewall Pro. Bestest thing ever I owned (yes, I bought 3 lifetime license for 50$ when lifetime license was a thing)
                    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                    • alva114
                      This message by alva114 has been removed from public view. Deleted by Luffaren, Oct 13, 2014.
                      Oct 13, 2014
                    • Feb 25, 2014
                      I'm not into clicking suspicious links especially from some guy just joined to only post this.
                      Meltdown™, Oct 13, 2014 Last edited by Luffaren, Oct 13, 2014
                    • jesonjohn01
                      This message by jesonjohn01 has been removed from public view. Deleted by Kyle, Nov 13, 2014.
                      Nov 13, 2014