Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Warnings History

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Jeremy, Jan 11, 2016

1. Apr 18, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 1
      Jeremy, Jan 11, 2016 Last edited by Jeremy, Feb 18, 2016
    • Jan 25, 2014
      Yeah no end of story so you can punish people more?
      • Funny Funny x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jan 3, 2013
        Only managements have access to it am I right......?
        • Like Like x 1
        • Apr 18, 2014
        • Feb 13, 2014
          Anyone lower than LSA really shouldn't have access to view the command longs in my honest opinion. As it stands right now, (at least as far as I know) LSA+ are the ones who determine if an admin is abusing their powers or not. If we all would follow the rules (not specifically pointing out anyone) when it comes to reporting admin abuse, in either the abuse thread or the contact LSA thread, things would go a lot smoother. The burden of proof lies with the person reporting said abuse. As the admins have discussed before, if you're dishing out punishment you probably should be recording for your own records anyways.

In extreme short; no, because it'll just cause more finger pointing.
        • Apr 18, 2014
        • Feb 13, 2014
          If you are recording on your end with demos properly you have complete documentation of a previous offender. More than enough to stand up against the Abuse Tribunal. :wink:
          Post Merged, Jan 11, 2016
          If you are recording on your end with demos properly you have complete documentation of a previous offender. More than enough to stand up against the Abuse Tribunal. :wink:
        • Apr 18, 2014
        • Feb 13, 2014
          Wait, you need access to the admin logs for personal reasons? Things aren't adding up here. Proper documentation via demos is more than enough in abuse cases/personal documentation. There's a fancy script I helped work on that uses AutoHotkey that makes recording demos almost trivial.
        • Apr 18, 2014
        • Feb 13, 2014
          You don't really need to know if you've warned a player in the past though (over a few hours). If someone is a repeat offender you still have to warn them before you dish out punishment. Regardless of their transgressions this morning, yesterday, last month. The only time I have seen this deviated is in regards to bans.
          • Like Like x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 18, 2014
          • Feb 13, 2014
            I'm understanding what you're saying however, I don't believe access to the admin logs will give a leg up in preventing people from breaking the rules. I honestly believe the current procedures and system in place is adequate for handling rule breakers. It really doesn't matter if player X dropped the N-bomb last month and was warned about it. Specifically, because player X dropped the N-bomb today and was warned for it today. Last months warning doesn't matter at all because it was last month. Yesterday's warning of player Y for cade breaking doesn't mean squat when he cade breaks today because player Y gets another warning before further punishment.
          • Jan 25, 2014
            Jeremy is looking to punish people more lol
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Apr 18, 2014
            • May 31, 2012
              Be very hard to create a plugin like that, or at least to my knowledge it will. If a player is warned by an admin, chances are that admin will still be around to act on that player, if not than oh well, give him another warning, then follow through if he does it again.
            • Feb 13, 2014
              I get this, however you can't progressively punish a member based specifically off of warnings alone. As I spoke to briefly earlier, the only time this is a factor is when it comes to bans. Bans are the only thing that go up in duration based upon repeat offenses. Sure, there are unique cases however, those are usually best documented with demos so LSA+ can take a look at them and make an overall decision. Additionally, these special cases are so few and far between they don't really warrant access to the admin logs.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Mar 26, 2012
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Jun 29, 2014
                  • Wizard! Wizard! x 2
                  • Apr 26, 2015
                    You know what would be a really useful command, something in !admin or an option from !users, maybe an extension of !who, that when i select a players name from the options, it copies it to my clipboard so I can paste it cause I am way too fucking slow finding complicated names in console (/._.)/

Its not an issue for most admins to be able to copy and paste from users but I actually have issues with the game not wanting to copy and paste at times. 99% of the time I don't know what i'm highlighting.

Necessary? No. Helpful to some disabled like me? yes.
                    • Agree Agree x 1