Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Was banned for a ridiculous reason.

Discussion in Help Desk started by TheAdHominem, May 14, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 2, 2012
    I was spamming the radio, and was banned for an hour. However, there is about 15 seconds allotted between radio commands in order to prevent spam. I am confused. I guess the repeated command of "Fire in the hole!" could be constituted as spam, as well.

Also..

Do not spam the mic or chat.
    (top)
    Mic spam includes but is not limited to nonstop use, playing music, using voice changers constantly, or leaving the mic on when not in use. Mic use must also be in English only, as our servers are English speaking only.
    Chat spam includes but is not limited to repeating the same message multiple times, sending long unbroken strings of characters, or chatting nonstop in all caps. All languages are acceptable in chat.

Nothing about radio. I was banned by [pF] Never Enough.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 18, 2011
      You were being full out troll today, and even when @retslag1 and I were on you were just pushing it. I don't this this should be let up with looking at your behavior in the past.
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Feb 14, 2012
        You and several others were warned after another player repeatedly kept using "Get into position and wait for my go", this player was kicked after the 10th time he did it. You and a few other disturbers then proceeded to spend the next map spamming "Get into position and wait for my go" to an excessive level. You were warned 3 times (1 for another player, 1 for the whole server, 1 personalized to you). You were removed after you used the microphone to instigate more people to use "Get into position and wait for my go". It is not the speed in which you were doing it but the accessive quanitity of the radio and instigating a server riot that is the reason for your ban. You were initially banned for one hour but after discussion with @Badgriuel your ban has been extended to a week as you have a history of spam and just got off a 3 day ban for something very similar. Good day to you sir.
        • Informative Informative x 2
        • May 2, 2012
          I fail to see how my past behaviour as any bearing on the current issue, my friend. Nothing in the rules states that radio spam is against the rules and, in fact, there was a plug in implemented in order to prevent it.

Your logic is quite flawed, I must say.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • May 2, 2012
            On the mic, I said, "Get in position and wait for my go". I never said, "everybody say, 'get in position and wait for my go'.", that was another player.

Again, there is a reason for that plug-in's implementation.
          • Jun 17, 2011
            Radio commands do spam the chat logs do they not? Correct me if I am mistaken, but it also tends to say the words as well which kind of is like Mic and chat spam.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • May 2, 2012
              It spams the chat log, but again, so does, "Fire in the hole!", especially when EVERYBODY is throwing grenades. If it still constitutes as spam, then I fail to see the point in the delay between the radio commands. It doesn't make much sense to me. Does it make sense to you?
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Jun 29, 2011
                I think AdHominem is being unjustly singled out. There were several individuals on the server who spoke on mic to allegedly "provoke" others into radio spamming. However, no one was coercing anyone else to do anything and if other players chose to use the radio commands, then why is AdHominem being held responsible? Multiple people spoke on mic after we were collectively warned for radio command spamming. This was our reaction to the absurdity of receiving such a warning because there is a plugin in place to delay messages by 15 seconds. I do not understand in the least how this can be considered spamming when there is a forced delay in place.

I'm not going to specify any names, but MULTIPLE admins have radio command spammed over the course of the past several days. They start every round with "Taking fire, need assistance," and I personally think it's just good, light-hearted fun because the phrase is ridiculous and the voice acting is hilarious. Additionally, many players have repeatedly spammed "Team, fall back" throughout the entire course of maps, even when there is actually zero need for anyone to fall back, but this is never construed as a problem.

AdHominem is being unfairly singled out and if you're going to ban him, you should go through the chat logs and also ban about 20 other players who were repeatedly using the same commands. There is absolutely no rule in place regarding the use of the radio commands, and if you have a personal vendetta against one player, I don't think it's fair to create rules on the spot to enact your punishment. The bottom line is that there is a 15 second delay between commands, and thus it is impossible to spam.

Moreover, extending his ban to a week because of past issues is also extremely unethical. I have been playing on PlagueFest servers for well over a year now and the admins have always been extremely friendly and laid back. It's really upsetting to see a player singled out for bogus reasons and to have his ban extended simply because the admins do not like him. I didn't even know this player until a few hours ago, so I'm not defending him, but rather pointing out how unethical his treatment is.
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Feb 14, 2012
                  His ban wasn't extended because an admin has a personal problem with him. His ban was extended because he already has multiple bans for the same issue (spam). As for admins spamming radio commands do you have any evidence of this? Such as a demo or screenshots?
                • Jun 29, 2011
                  I have neither demos nor screenshots of admins spamming radio commands. Even if I did, I would not post them because my objective isn't to get other people into trouble for absolutely bogus reasons. However, if you need proof of players spamming "Team, fall back," then I can have a demo ready for you in about 20 seconds, but again, I came here to point out an unjust ban, not to report other players.

I have never seen AdHominem do anything that constitutes spamming, but for the sake of the discussion, I will trust your judgement. However, he did not voice or chat spam during any of the time that he was playing today. You are SPECIFICALLY banning him for abusing radio commands, but there is ZERO rule in place regarding their usage. I reviewed the rules multiple times and at the time of his ban, radio commands were not addressed in any manner.

This issue is so absurd that it completely blows my mind, and many other people on the server who received a warning from you (Never Enough) felt the same way as well. Can someone please clarify how using radio commands can be considered spam when there is a FORCED 15 second delay between their usage? I'm trying really hard to make sense of this, but it's apparently way over my head. Everyone on the server is there to have fun, and there are rules and plugins in place to ensure reasonable behavior. If players are actually going to start getting banned for using an actual feature in the game or for having a foreign accent, then please let me know now so that I can have absolutely no part in this.

I have loved PlagueFest up to this point and I have always respected the admins. I have seen players do really questionable things but the admins simply laugh it off or say that as much as they would like to ban a player, there is no rule violation that would allow them to do so. If having fun within the parameters established by the rules isn't allowed anymore, then I will gladly move to another zombie server.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Jun 17, 2011
                    Even though there is no SPECIFIC rule for radio commands, there is a rule for spamming. Even though there are plug-ins to ensure reasonable behaviors, it is not full-proof to the point that it will catch everything that goes on; hence Admins. Admins are there to enforce rules. Radio Commands if used multiple times will not only chat spam, but also mic spam as it relays the message through voice. Radio commands being used multiple times is considered spamming.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Jun 29, 2011
                      This is absurd beyond levels that defy description. You are completely ignoring several other points I addressed. You are twisting the existing rules to create these ridiculous reasons to unethically justify a ban that should not have occurred.

First of all, radio commands can be disabled with one command in console if they really bother you that much. Secondly, for millionth time, there is a plugin in place that disables one's ability to "spam" these commands. You have an INCREDIBLY obfuscated understanding of voice and chat spam if you think that someone using a command every 15 seconds constitutes spam. Let me make this absolutely clear - the very nature of the plugin that is implemented completely removes one's ability to radio command spam.

According to you, it's possible for someone to "voice spam" without even owning a microphone. Do none of you actually realize how incredibly absurd this notion is? What is the limit within which something can be considered spam? If we can't assume 15 seconds is a guideline, should we magically pull a number out of thin air and say "okay guys, I've decided to wait a full 22.7636 seconds between radio commands, hopefully the admins will approve of me repeatedly saying 'Team, fall back' over this time frame!!'" I'll make it a point to also stop using grenades since it creates a torrent of "spam" as well with everyone shouting "Fire in the hole."

You are making up rules. You are twisting existing rules around and giving run around answers so that you can ban one player among at least 20 others who were doing the same exact thing. Whereas a few players might have been immature, your behavior is completely unethical and your logic is absolutely unsound, which is infinitely worse than someone using a command that I can either disable or avoid by turning off my volume. There are a lot of specific points in the rules addressing spam, but not a single one discusses radio spam. It's your duty to ensure that the rules address this issue before you go around banning people for allegedly breaking nonexistent rules. I'm disgusted with this admin abuse, so thanks for giving me the incentive to stop wasting time on the PlagueFest servers and to search for fun elsewhere.
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Oct 29, 2010
                        This really isn't going anywhere, ban protests are here.
                        • Winner Winner x 1
                        Thread Status:
                        Not open for further replies.