Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Watch_Dogs

Discussion in Gaming started by Clam Chowder, May 26, 2014

1. Nov 29, 2010
    Who's getting this game? It's unlocking in 13 hours and I know the hype died out for it over time as more and more gameplay came out.

From what I've seen, it still retains the hype I've had for it for the past two years, albiet not graphically, but the gameplay still holds strong.

The level of detail they put in this game is still pretty crazy. Observe:

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNcpovTRjbw

Notice how it doesn't blow up like a nuclear bomb?
    • Like Like x 1
      Clam Chowder, May 26, 2014 Last edited by Clam Chowder, May 26, 2014
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I'm excited for it and pre-ordered the deluxe steam edition the minute it went up. It was hard to achieve what was suggested in a demo to handle all the events in the game. Rather have a good game with good graphics then a bad game with crazy good graphics.

This is a good read interview from Ubi Montreal on why the game was delayed and why it went back to hiding to deliver the end goal. I appreciate when dev look at their game and aren't excited for it and go on to change it. Better love your crafts first so other can love it too.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/6/5477236/watch-dogs-hands-on-video-interview-release-date

Also gaf is crazy.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      How similar is this to Sleeping Dogs interms of gameplay and storyline? I have not followed this game.
    • Nov 29, 2010
      The driving feels very similar to sleeping dogs, vehicles handle very arcade-like making gang and police chases fast and chaotic.

I've hardly touched up on the story, and as for gameplay, very slick and polished allowing for multiple playthroughs and different playstyles.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Jun 11, 2012
        While Sleeping Dogs had a emphasize on showing the underworld of organized crimes with combining with the whole Infernal Affair/The Departed motif, Wash_Doge offers not a 180 degrees to it but they deviate in a lot of gates.

Wash_Doge does hacking, controlling electronics, driving, choosing if you want to be a masked vigilante or a crazy madman shooting up people with actual consequences. For example, if you start to just go guns blazing when completing missions or drive recklessly , the media will report on you and even show your faces when passing by stores with a tv set or on the radio. If you choose a more refined and stealth-ish approach, the media will report as the masked vigilante with a obscure image.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • May 21, 2012
          I might get the game. I'm still deciding. Also if you have Geforce GTX graphics card(s) and you are looking to get the game, take a look at this tweaking guide article by Geforce.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          I'm happy, really happy, that the reviews and general user opinions of this game are relatively weak compared to how their trailers and their ridicilous amounts of propaganda around the game have been because I felt the moment I saw one of the millions of trailers from it that the graphics where clearly upped just for the trailer. Then handing out fancy stuff for reviewers to up the reviews (although nothing new still had to happen).

Yea, I have a hatred for companies that are enforcing all their propaganda and amounts of trailers for the sake of squeezing all the possible money, for a game that is eventually just a lie compared to everything that has been told around it. I haven't played the game yet but most reviews and user opinions tell me enough that I will never touch it, ever. Next time make a trailer that shows the real product.
        • Mar 12, 2008
          I've heard mixed reviews about it, and someone did a GTA IV comparison with the two, with GTA showing way more innovative stuff than watch_dogs.

Overall, IDK about this, but it's definitely not "next gen" if it can't top what GTA did like 6 years ago. For all intensive purposes it could be a great game but (personal opinion) that whole Uplay thing that ubisoft requires was, and is a no-go for me. Hate having to log into steam then log into another drm just to play. I only tolerated GFWL for Dark Souls because it's my #1 favorite.

Hate to be the baron of bad news but it's already turned into circlejerk central on reddit and me-me's are popping up everywhere :< Maybe a future patch could fix it, but i'm not holding my breath for this one.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          It actually kind of reminds me of Titanfall as well. Lots of hype, nothing next-gen. It sure is a very large step forward for mechatank games and FPS, but not to justify the immensily long hype around it...

A well, HL is a perfect example. They didn't put a lot of propaganda around it, and usually they announce their release date close to when it actually gets released, demping the hype and then making it extremely impressive when playing the games, because they are also amazingly good (at least for me). It seems that in the course of the years companies tend to propagate their games so early beforehand, that when it finally gets released it's like as if nothing is new.

I mean, the same is with movie trailers. They show all of the most important stuff in it, and when you watch the movie you have almost nothing surprising anymore. I can assure you that I even have had twice the situation where we received trailers from the movie in the cinema before the movie itself :shock:
        • Nov 29, 2010
          *shrug*, I see no reason to bash it, I wanted an open world that lets me fuck around and hack into shit, and I got what I wanted. The game is fun and that is that.

My only real disappointment was how shoddy the port is, other than that it's a really fun game.