Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

We need an 'About Us' on the new site...

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Brian, Jan 26, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 4, 2006
    and I'm a shitty writer, so I figure the community could collectively write it, since who better knows who we are then those that make up who we are? right? right?!? This will appear in a nice 'about us' section on the site... but write whatever you want, I'll include anything within reason as long as it's accurate. Me saying im a shitty writer isn't to say I want this to be a written masterpiece, its more so I think we can collectively write something better, and I've also just got A LOT to do to wrap up the new site so we can move our asses over finally, and the 'about us' content is rather minor and can be mended while i work on other aspects. basically im throwing shit in your laps.

How to start...

'Plague Fest was founded in June 2006...' alright that's all I got you guys take over. come on you clever writing folk let us create a glorious about us! /lamehype
  2. Feb 1, 2011
    Plague Fest was founded in 2006 so toke it up bro BLAZE. /end
  3. Aug 11, 2011
  4. Aug 18, 2006
    Isn't this off to a great start... :confused:
  5. Aug 11, 2011
    Oh about us "pf " as a hole i'm hopping off now :whoops:
  6. Feb 1, 2011
    Forgive me for making a joke. Since he started it off with pF launching in 2006, I really don't have anything to fill in the 2006-2011 gap since I've only been here since last February.
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    who said anything about filling a gap, i was just using that as an example! this isn't a history yo!
  8. Mar 12, 2008
    "Since then we've crawled from a single, tiny server to 5 massive servers, plus a few sub-servers!

It wasn't all a walk in the park either! From host to host we were constantly changing and growing.
    We owe thanks to our glorious Roots and management staff for keeping us going and strong!

We're a great community of family and friends. We want you to be part of our family too.

Plaguefest!

Six more years!"

Take from it what you will, this is a small contribution from me.
  9. Jan 23, 2012
    I am actually a great writer. If someone can point me in the direction of some pF history or message me a quick run down of how this place has blossomed over the years I would be more then happy to write it.
  10. Feb 1, 2011
    Here is a link to the beginnings of pF, written by Brian himself.

http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/345-the-history-of-plague-fest/

As far as between when that ends and now...well...we added a bunch of new servers.
  11. Jan 23, 2012
    I'll sort through this, reword it, and ask around about more info on the rest of the timeline.
    I'll have it ready by tomorrow. :3
  12. Nov 14, 2010
    This seems really coincident, and I believe you've got a spot of brown on your nose. I do like the end, though. In a sense, it reminds me of Disney.
  13. Jan 21, 2011

"Pioneering zombie mod for linux based servers, Plaguefest was founded in 2006 with the hopes of popularizing CSS ZM. Three ZM servers and a ZE server later, pF has become one of the most popular ZM communities on CSS; add the Minigames and GunGame servers in and pF has something for everyone. Fueled by donor and admin subscriptions, pF is a community by players for players."
  14. Mar 12, 2008
    Sorry, I forgot to clean up after we were finished last night. I was in a rush!

Also this is to get people started on doing SOMETHING for the new forums, instead of making jokes or fetishes about cheese.

"Take from it what you will".

If I gave a flying fuck about kissing ass i'd flat out say "hey ray give me LSA and ill suck yo dick!"

Spot the difference.

<3 you.
  15. Feb 1, 2011
    Plague Fest was founded on humble beginnings as a 32-slot Zombie Mod server in 2006. Since then the community has blossomed and expanded by leaps and bounds. In addition to a 64-slot ZM server, pF has successfully launched servers for Zombie Escape, MiniGames, GunGame, and Minecraft, with all CS:S servers running at 64-slot capacity. pF's community thrives ingame, in our forums, and regulars meet up daily to chat on our Mumble server. With a never-ending thirst for blood, Plague Fest marches forward through the battle-torn, corpse-ridden fields of war!

8:13 PM - dillinger | @:<: hows that
    8:13 PM - Brian: kinda makes me think some hippy lady wrote it about her flowers and shit
    8:14 PM - dillinger | @:<: lol WELL FUCK YOU
    8:14 PM - dillinger | @:<: thats all i got
  16. Aug 18, 2006
    An admin said that to me before, actually...

[/offtopic]
  17. Jan 21, 2011
  18. Jan 23, 2012
    Ok I literally just sat down and wrote this in between LoL matches.
    Feel free to pick it apart and take pieces if need, or just ignore it if you want.
    It did not take long so I will not be offended. xD

The Plague Fest you all know and love today was not this big or popular back in the starting days. In all actuality it was quite small and only a concept idea set up by a few friends who just wanted to have some fun and kill some time.
    Back in the old days when Zombie Mod was fresh on the scene it was, for lack of better terms, lacking in quality. The models had no animation, the knives were visible, night vision was always on, and all the other simplicity's you've grown to love we non-existent then.

Plague Fest started as a clan of friends and forums members ready to take on the world. After setting up a clan match server, and sadly failing multiple attempts at Scrim matches, all hope seemed to be lost.
    Not to soon after that with not much warning at all the clan was branched off and the server revamped into an early stage ZM Server.
    It was back in 2006 that we birthed this soon to be god of a server. It started off with a small 32-slot server rented from DRGservers during the beta stages of ZM. The unique Unlimited ammo and Limited weapon combo with just the right mix of Zombie knock back made this server a favorite for players.
    Due to the CPU use of Zombie Mod the server unfortunately was moved to a Private Dedicated Server and it only made life for the ever growing server tougher. Once there the max player slots was bumped up to 40 making it the largest ZM server on CS:S at the time. Around this time is when pF began selling Admin to players to help pay for the servers continuing upkeep.

From there the community continued to blossom, moving away from renting the server and beginning to host it on a box of our own. Being the pioneer of Linux based Zombie Mods on CS:S is not an easy task, but with time, dedication, hard work, an amazing staff, and a loyal community, we manged to push onward and expand.

To this day we own and operate 2 ZM servers, 1 24/7 Lila Panic Server, 1 Zombie Escape server, all running with a 64-slot capacity. Over time we expanded even more, venturing past ZM and opening a Mini-Games and Gun Game server to add a bit of variety for our ever growing community. If that wasn't enough we even pushed further and now have an up and running Minecraft Server.
    With no plans on stopping we will continue to push forward and deliver our services wherever they may be needed. Plans to open more servers in a variety of games still floats around and is always a possibility.
    Thanks to our ever growing Staff and donators we are able to keep all of our servers updated and running %100.
  19. Mar 12, 2008
    Does this mean I have a shot?

Also [/offtopic]

And holy hell that was hard to read with a white forum background. Skimmed it for now till I can get home and read it but it looks good so far
  20. May 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.