Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by cyberwulf, Mar 24, 2011

1. Dec 17, 2010
    No disrespect to the mappers but i hate how you guys remake the maps that are already good. Such as Base winter, and Wtfhax. These newer versions suck, and I think making remakes should stop because we don't need them. WE NEED NEW MAPS!!!
    And i think we should have the older versions on the rotation map votes. But thats just me.
  2. Mar 16, 2008
    kay, go learn how to map then.
    I agree that we need more new maps and less remakes but some of the remakes are a lot better.
  3. Dec 17, 2010
    LOL, fine i'll do just that.
  4. Sep 6, 2010
    By the way, I noticed with the "nominate" function some maps being overplayed. For example, the map Winter Base is played quite a lot. It is nice to have the nominate function but, as was mentioned earlier, it makes some maps to run a lot more often than others. I guess its good and bad..
  5. Feb 21, 2007
    I get tired of people complaining....either find good maps, or as josh said, make some new ones. So many players rely on so few mappers and then they qq about it.
  6. Dec 7, 2010
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought nominate was setup so that the last 8 recently played maps could not be selected. This means that around 4 hours must go by before any repeats.
  7. Mar 26, 2009
    Unless you can give me several valid and legitimate reasons why both of my remakes suck, keep your mouth shut and move to the back of the line. I'm tired of trolls such as yourself constantly bitching about how they suck and only give the reason "BECAUSE THEY DO". It irritates the shit out of me.

Let's see you spend weeks/months/years of your own personal time to fix shit for a community and have people like you come in and whine like a noob because something sucks, give vague descriptions, or better yet, no descriptions as to why it sucks. Yet you persist in calling it shit without a given reason. It hurts, it really does to be constantly bombarded with hate for no apparent reason.

Welcome to my world.
  8. Feb 15, 2011
    I like your maps <333

Keep up the good work!!
  9. Sep 6, 2010
    Would like to thank our mappers for doing wonderful job innovating and improving PF servers. You are a valuable part of the PF community. Keep it up! :thumbsup:
  10. Dec 17, 2010
    HAHA, someone cant hold there temper. My valid point is y remake maps that were already good and fine just the way they were. Just make brand new ones to add to the rotation of the map votes. All your doing is replacing it and not adding to the list.

I'm not trying to piss you guys off. I'm trying to help you mappers see my point.
  11. Dec 17, 2010
    Like which ones?
  12. Oct 10, 2010
    do i need say more?
    i think not...

i even say more:

the hardest part of mapping ist, seriously,
    get good ideas!

just more easy is edit an existing map

Reasons for edit a map:
    its known good map, BUT:
    -it has crap spots in
    -not enough spawnpoints
    -bad fps optimized
    -and so on...
  13. Mar 26, 2009
    Why did I remake zm_base_winter? Because I was asked by a PF admin to do it. Why did I remake zm_wtfhax? Because I was asked by a PF admin to do it.

Your valid points are invalid. That being said, you aren't fit to be a server admin on PF or anywhere else. You troll and abuse admin on the servers, and bring the trolling to the forums like the uneducated asshat you are. This topic and all of your INCREDIBLY dumb posts in this topic are a perfect example of that. If you want new maps, YOU make them YOURSELF. Assuming you are even capable of higher cognitive ability outside of a noob (ie. Thinking, learning.)

As for me, I'm done here. The servers have become unbearable to play on with all of the unchecked trolling, admin abuse (and admins getting in on the trolling) plus idiots like cyberwulf here who troll for the lulz. I'm not going to be burdened with the responsibility of getting evidence when it gets locked and deleted by the same admins doing the abuse and claim its "insubordination" or "disrespecting them" for reporting it.
  14. Jul 14, 2010
  15. Oct 10, 2010
    o.O you leave cause this one Troll?
    i know you dont like me, but leave pF only because one troll?
  16. Dec 6, 2010
    ~At some point can someone please put a Strip-Club in the Middle of a map, maybe an XBox Emulator Screen & a Remote for me when I turn?
  17. Mar 26, 2009
    I'm not leaving because of cyberwulf alone, I'm leaving from the accumulation of shit that I've had to deal with here over months.

The biggest shit pile are smug admins who think they can get away with anything because they've paid their way in, and also have their other abusing bitch buddies who will cover for them when they fuck up. Cyberwulf has covered for moofsa and tazland, with moofsa being the worst piece of shit I have ever seen. Threatening a perm ban for a nub accidentally getting stuck and breaking his cade, and threatening to ban any one of me or a few others if we reported it.

The other constant thing is being ridiculed for the way my voice sounds ALL THE TIME. it gets fucking irritating, and gets more irritating when admins don't do shit about it and even join in on it, fuck them.

I could go on, but these posts are probably going to get deleted and locked so it's not worth my time. I don't need to waste my time and talent on non-caring asshats.
  18. Oct 10, 2010
    Im sorry for this,
    but cannot speak for how headadmins handle this here,
    but one thing i need to say, this vid i posted, found out how to
    delete it, and did it ages ago

are you still angry with me?
    i need to know this.
  19. Mar 26, 2009
    The grudges I hold against people are usually permanent due to the fact that most of the time they do the whole "I pity you so I apologize, but not really" and go back to doing the same exact thing they were before.

Decompiling my map and showing the world how it worked is a big offense in my book, and many other mappers for that matter. You removed the video, but the damage was done. That being said, I still don't like you as a mapper. I've explained it before, but explaining it again; You know how to design levels, but your mapping skills are just bad, and aren't improving.

You need some serious work done on your level optimization skills (not just turning huge portions into func_detail.) You also need to stop collaborating with Random.Hero and whoever else you collaborate with because honestly, they're terrible mappers and they're bringing you down with them. They crank out garbage ZM map after garbage ZM map without any care put into making the level actually look good (which is what my remakes were solely made to accomplish.)
  20. Apr 9, 2007
    Surely every community has a couple of bad apples, you just can't let them get to you.

Same issue here, this is why I never talk anymore.

Not going to happen.

If you really want to leave because of some shitty admins that we have, by all means do so. Thank you for remaking the maps, I've loved every single one.