Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Weapon Skins Problems

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Arsis, Mar 25, 2012

1. Feb 12, 2012
    Ive recently downloaded a few weapon skins i've wanted to use and put them in the correct folders with the help of @Pinkie Pie, but even after all that it still wont show in-game? Anyone know the problem?
  2. Feb 12, 2012
    Still need help ppl!
  3. Jun 4, 2006
    Well... more info would help others help you. As in... a link to the same skins you're attempting to use, the exact directories you put them in, etc. Make sure when you extracted the archive it didn't create any sub folders within the destination DIR which would thus fuck up the path, silly shit like that happens all the time.
  4. Mar 12, 2008
    I do all my stuff manually to make sure "extract to xxxx" doesn't fuck anything up.

takes a bit longer, but unless you intentionally put something somewhere it doesnt belong, your golden.
  5. Mar 12, 2008

did she do it for you?
  6. Feb 12, 2012
    Yea, he did it for me. TV
  7. Mar 12, 2008
    Here's what my directory looks like, I have windows 7 64-bit

Any and all CS:S files go in there, and it sounds like you have to add them manually, which is still very easy. Just drag and drop the files in their appropriate places
  8. Feb 12, 2012
    I'll ask pinkie tomorrow where he put them.

Can anyone link his name here so he looks? Im on my phone and it won't let me :frown:
  9. Mar 12, 2008
    @Pinkie Pie

i'm never typing that again.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Mar 19, 2011
      Why doesn't CSS have a Add-on folder like L4D2 would make things so much easier >.<
    • That Guy
      This message by That Guy has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Mar 25, 2012, Reason: not needed, keep it out.
      Mar 25, 2012
    • Taters
      This message by Taters has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Mar 25, 2012, Reason: not needed.
      Mar 25, 2012
    • May 15, 2011
      Lol Fuck you.
      I just followed what the skins said. Like @Faggers already showed you, just drag and drop the files into the corresponding folder. It will ask to be merged, just click yes and let it do it. That's what I did for myself and it worked, and that's what I did for you to. I do not understand why it's not working for you. I installed them on my copy and they worked fine.

lol. Love you to fag. :heart: Don't hate me cause I'm pink.
    • Mar 12, 2008
      Hope your problem gets fixed @Arsis. If you need any other detailed help, PM me.
    • Apr 2, 2011
      If you have already figured it out, please disregard. Download whatever skin. Then open with WinRar. Drag and drop the folders/documents necessary into the cstrike folder. Overwrite all files that it asks to do so. Start Counter Strike Source and it should be there. IF the guns are not showing up, redo drag and drop the folders, it is possible you missed one. IF any issues still remain, PLEASE PM me.
    • Feb 12, 2012
      I'll re-try this tomorrow, if u need help ill PM u guys.
    • Feb 12, 2012
      Ok it works now, only thing that doesnt is the P90 skin :frown:
    • Jul 14, 2010
      For the p90 skin, go into cstrike/materials/models/weapons and drop the V_model and w_model folders in and merge them. If it doesn't work, probably the skin.