Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Web Hosting

Discussion in Web Development started by TheOne!, Sep 7, 2014

1. Sep 7, 2014
    Hi all, Noticed there are no topics in the thread really. Sooo I am going to offer my web development services if anyone is interested. Most of you know how to dev but otherwise I am also a reseller with WHMCS & Cpanel 11 for free if you are interested shoot me a PM an I can set you up with a coupon for hosting. Thanks all.
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      I've been a webdev for the last several years. I've spoken about this at StackExchange/Overflow but since the more recent versions of phpmyadmin, it doesn't play well with cp11. I have about 20+ DB's with different users and privledges which I need to login to quite frequently. Is there a way to logout from phpmyadmin for hosts that have issues with cp11?
    • Sep 7, 2014
      Hi, im not quite sure what you meant by needing to login frequently (Cpanel or phpmyadmin) And by hosts im assuming you mean one of your 20+ DB's that may or may not have a problem (you want Hosts/users that have compatibility issues to log them out, correct?) I currently have 5.5.39-MariaDB and cp 11.42.1 (Other one runs 11.44.1) running with no problems. Whats your setup & what have you managed to find out from research?
    • Aug 7, 2012
      Kek, enjoy your whmcs. You're probably on my network anyways lol
    • Feb 1, 2011
      I want a website. I'll write it in notepad like the one I had when I was 13! Hook me up :party:
    • Aug 17, 2013
      ummm.....they're mine, you no can have, :smile:
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Aug 17, 2013
        ...that made no sense
      • May 12, 2007
        Yes, yes it did. It is hard enough to use an accent on a whim let alone in a forum without typing (in a bosnian accent) without ppl getting it, it's fine let it go.:smile:
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Aug 17, 2013
          *Frozen* LET IT GOOOOO, LET IT GOOOOO
          • Like Like x 1
          • Nov 11, 2011
            When some hosts have phpma packaged with cp11, phpma doesn't play well with destroying php sessions. So if I'm logged into a database on a shared host, the logout button won't be displayed or if it is, it doesn't kill the session. Thus, I have to effectively clear my cache or wait until the session times out to be able to login to a different user. It's been discussed numerous times but not widely known. I believe the cp team addressed this and said they won't fix it until phpma devs work with them more diligently. Just figured I'd ask since you work with them.
          • Sep 7, 2014
            HmMmm... Usually with cpanel you or clients dont need to login to myadmin, I think the login setting is set as "Config" Instead of "Cookie". I know if I log out of Cpanel then it logs me out of myadmin, but if you need to administer it directly then you would login and have an option to logout also (Green Icon next to home). But as far as clients they dont have that icon, anyways I have never had an issue with this so I hope it works out.
          • Aug 7, 2012
            cPanel and phpMyAdmin share the same login session. You'll need to log out of cPanel to clear the phpMyAdmin session.
            Post Merged, Sep 11, 2014
            What we recommend is installing a local (htpasswd protected) copy of phpMyAdmin so you can manage everything outside of the cPanel environment. WHM is notorious for not allowing proper phpMyAdmin access when using multiple users.
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Nov 11, 2011
              This. Thanks for the useful and clear answer. :laugh:
            • Sep 7, 2014