Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

WEBSITE, DINGUS!

Discussion in Web Development started by Grape, Feb 11, 2015

1. Oct 24, 2013
    Hey I would like to make a website for my art so I can give the gallery owners something to look at.

I know HTML is pretty easy but I haven't done it in like 10+ years....which makes me feel really old now...

And I don't really feel like learning it again at the moment so I'm going to throw money at the problem.

I've reviewed Squarespace and Wix, and built a starter site with Wix. I think I can get 10% off Squarespace though.

They seem to make it fucking ridiculously easy which I like because I'm not looking to have to deal with it too much.
  2. Oct 13, 2011
    Wix sucks, they won't let you edit the whole template. (It'll annoy you even if you don't need editing.)

Just go with wordpress. Buy a domain and a cheap hosting (don't buy from godaddy)

Installing wordpress is ezpz. There are many youtube guides if you can't do it yourself. After that all you gotta do is find a theme (or make one?)

For wordpress I recommend this theme right here clicky
    • Programming King Programming King x 1
    • Aug 7, 2012
      Go with wordpress. It'll be the easiest and look nice too.
    • Oct 24, 2013
      I just checked it out, it's similar to Wix. I think Wix looks like it gives better support and has similar or cheaper prices for personal domains.

Thank you for the suggestion, I may explore the site more.

-EDIT

I missed cat's post somehow. That is some good feedback I'll consider about wix. The editing for the site I made there was a little annoying.