Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resolved Westie808

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Samurai, Apr 29, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 29, 2012
    Westie was on top of me and teleported Ares to him. Ares gommbaed me then instantly. My Name was Cpt. Captain there. westie
  2. Feb 3, 2012
    Could you possibly upload the demo in the screenshot provided?

Just a heads up for other's viewing this thread:
  3. Mar 26, 2012
    Joshy, Ares, Rayne, and I were on for this incident. I uploaded a demo, but you cannot see the incident with drive I believe. The incident happens after 4:50 in the demo at the very end. Not much to see. I cannot see what happened with drive.

Westie808 admitted to admin abuse in admin chat.

We all talked about it afterwards. Westie later said that if an absue thread was made, he would own up to his mistake. We all agreed that it wasn't super wise what he did, that it was abuse, and not to do it again.

Attached Files:

Aprz, Apr 29, 2014 Last edited by Aprz, Apr 29, 2014
  4. Driftpanda
    This message by Driftpanda has been removed from public view. Deleted by Luffaren, Apr 29, 2014, Reason: Not needed here, read http://plaguefest.com/threads/abuse-thread-reminder-everyone-read.6380/.
    Apr 29, 2014
  5. May 31, 2012

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vLYipT9e74&feature=youtu.be

I provided the demo. It is exactly as Aprz says. But I want to share some insight as to what was going: It was just a night with very few people on, almost half the server being populated by admins so you can imagine that some people were pushing their luck with commands ie. if pfly was disabled they might bring a friend to their location. When we got to surf, Westie pushed it just a tad bit too far and he wasn't familiar with Samurai. I didn't take a screenshot of who was on during surf but these were the people a round or two before and most of us had been playing all night - we even grouped up and switched to the empty ZE server to play surf there too:

6. Jan 21, 2011
    And generally, I wouldn't mind that. What bothers me is his response:

Westie808: hahaha i might get an abuse thread guys LOL

(Admin Only) Westie808: i really dont care

This is what I find troubling. He doesn't apologize to the player, he just laughs and says he doesn't care.
  7. Apr 20, 2011
    • User was banned for this post. Don't purposely & knowingly break forum rules.
    because I like to reply and get my post delete
  8. Oct 6, 2012
    Hey Guys Seeker i did apologize to him by mic and do really appologize Sammurai for Admin Abusing u. and i do understand that what i did was very stupid or nooby or however u want to call it. umm like Joshy said it was just a boring night, server full of admins and maybe just two or three regulars. i just pushed my luck too far as i thought that sammurai ( Cpt. Captain) would just laugh it off and continue with the fun that we were having. it turns out that he just starts to Rage as if i really did some real damage physical damage to him. its just a videogame! sure people do take videogaming seriously but at that moment? cmon. anyways like i said i take full blame and honestly its my first fuck up as an admin on here. and again Samurai ( Cpt. Captain) i do really appologize for abusing my powers on you. and what can i say i learned my lesson.. thanks
    Post Merged, Apr 29, 2014

about that, i laughed it off because i couldnt believe that i would actually get a abuse thread. well not at that time of the night when the server is full of Admins. and about that "i really dont care" im moving to kauai (another island of hawaii) and i dont think im gonna be doing any gaming anymore since Kauai is a really laid back island with hardly any internet servces. so that is why i said that, not that i dont regret abusing Samurai
  9. May 29, 2012
    Hey man.
    It´s not what you did. It´s that you did it. I would have done that too mostly everyone for anything they did if it was something against me. I´m sure you didn´t do that cause of any hate or something but I got a bit pissed there. Maybe my reaction was a bit over the top but it´s still against the rules.
  10. Feb 1, 2011
    Case closed, this was clearly admin abuse.

@westie808, I hope that you have indeed learned your lesson. After reading your post, I'm not so sure. Reasoning like "It's just a videogame" is no excuse for abusing admin powers. Whether Samurai "raged" or not is completely beside the point as you were 100% in the wrong here. I suggest you stop taking things so lightly lest this happen again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.