Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What antivirus do you use?

Discussion in Software Sanctuary started by Ghost, May 12, 2012

Do you use an Anit-virus?

Yes 21 vote(s) 75.0%
No 4 vote(s) 14.3%
Bananas? 3 vote(s) 10.7%
  1. May 14, 2011
    Well this is a spammy thread i made out of boredom but what anti virus do you use? Maybe you dont use one at all. Maybe you use a free one. I recently bought Iobit Advanced System Care 5 after using a parrotbay version for a few years. I also now have the Iobit Malware fighter that comes with it.

It only cost $30 for 1 year or $20 for 1 year if you get them separatly, which considering how useful both programs are is a great deal. A good side to them is because they only activate when the system is idle they use almost no resources. :razz: they also come with a bunch of useful tools. If you don't have anything to help your PC run i recommend the pair of them

I previously used BitDefender but it started deleting files i wanted detecting them as viruses so on my next fresh windows install I scraped the idea of an AV altogether. Until i got this annoying "Text Enhance" Bug with my browser so I decided I needed one.

^ Lol typo on the vote
    Ghost, May 12, 2012 Last edited by Ghost1995, May 12, 2012
  2. Feb 20, 2011
    I use Windows Defender. Which on Windows 8 replaced Microsoft Security Essentials.

Attached Files:

3. Feb 11, 2012
    Microsoft Security Essentials. Light and simple.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      A lot of them out there are really good when you get their full bundle. I bought Comcast internet and they give me full Norton for free, which is really nice. Norton is a very organized Anti-virus and works like a charm. Also, this didn't have to be in the no-count section, unless you just wanted to make this thread spam =P
    • Dec 6, 2011
    • May 14, 2011
      Meh someone can move it if this becomes a sensible thread. :razz:

It started as an idea for a spammy thread until is started typing loads. :razz:
    • Dec 2, 2011

Attached Files:

• May 14, 2011
      free AVs are badly optimised. Its good to buy one, especially during xmas because all the AV companies fight over customers then.
    • May 14, 2011
      What difference does posting in no-count make?

Like everything counts anyway.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      no-count doesn't count posts so you can make it as spammy as you
    • Dec 6, 2011
    • Mar 16, 2008
      I use Avast, I pay for it but you can get the home edition for free. Hasn't failed me and isn't demanding of my resources while running in the background.
      I use Spybot S&D for periodical checks as a backup.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Aug 1, 2011
        Ive Used spybot since i found it on my schools pcs years ago! What dinosaurs we had back then :razz:
      • Oct 17, 2011
        I used mcafee but now I changed it to norton. In the past, I had the best antivirus hich was bit defender and the most expensive in Lebenon but I changed it Because my family ran out of money because of the war that occurred suddenly.
      • May 14, 2011
        you ran out of money for an antivirus >.< . It costs less per week then the electricity for your PC
      • Dec 6, 2011
        A lot of crazy shit started happening in Lebanon, I wouldn't be surprised if they had to cut back.
      • Oct 17, 2011
        We also ran out of food and electricity. If you do not believe me, some people here on the forums know about Lebenon.
        Thank you quietly, here is a proof.
      • May 14, 2011
        wow man that sounds bad, i thought all of this stuff was concentrated in Lybia.
      • Nov 16, 2011
        Malwarebytes anti-malware. It is pretty great, it only cost 30$ and you almost never see it running. It hasn't once failed me and I've had this comp for like 4 months.