Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What are your favorite card/board games?

Discussion in Gaming started by GRUDGE, Jun 17, 2013

1. Jul 28, 2011
    I'll start by posting a few of mine:
    • Settlers of Catan: This one's a classic. If you haven't played it yet... I'm sorry. 2-4 players (or up to 6 with additional expansion). Build settlements and collect resources. Trade with opponents and fight for the longest road! I definitely recommend the Cities and Knights expansion.
    • Dutch Blitz: A vonderful goot game! Fast-paced card game. With 4 different teams, you can either have 1 person per team or play with doubles for up to 8 people. Sometimes I like to combine decks so that we have 8 teams with 16 people total. It gets crazy!
    • The Resistance: 5-10 players. It's kind of like mafia, except take all of the lameness out of mafia and replace it with ecstasy. You are either part of the resistance (a good guy) or a spy (bad). You try to either make the missions you go on succeed or fail based on what team you are on. It's a game full of lies, deception, and shouting. It will make you hate your friends. One game got so crazy that we needed to bring out "the talking stick" and you could only talk while you had the stick. Definitely recommend you try this one out because it creates dialog that a lot of games don't and has great replay value.
    • Cards against humanity: Hilarious and offensive.
    • Loaded questions: Guess who gave what answer to the question. It usually gets wildly inappropriate (if it doesn't, you probably aren't playing with the right crowd) and is lots of fun.
    The games I listed are some of my all-time favorites. They vary from strategy to speed to just fun party games. What games do you recommend?
  2. Apr 1, 2012
    the very classic simple one before all these Synchro bullshit happened
    favorite deck: Earth Rock deck, basically trolling the opponent by constantly returning the enemy's monsters back to their hand every single turn and they can be flipped back face down.

I also loved the multiple classic board games like Cludeo, Yahtzee, Game of Life back when I was attending English classes.

and of course, 52 card pick up!
  3. Feb 8, 2013
  4. Aug 12, 2012
    13 cards
    Crazy 8
  5. Feb 19, 2011
    It is called "bullshit". Good up to about four to five players. Hand out all cards. Whoever wants to go first and has an ace, can go first. Once the ace is down, each player must go in order by card number 2,3,4,5,6 etc... You can see your card, but others can't. You put your card face down in the pile and each player puts down the next card that goes in order. You can put down three 4 cards if you want too. Each turn everyone has to say I have one 2" or I have three sevens" and you put your cards in the pile, but here is a catch to this game. You can lie to win. Say it is your turn and you need a king to be put sown, you don't have one, so you have to lie. You say "I have one king" and you put down a 2. If someone thinks you are lying, any player can yell "bullshit!". If you are caught lying, you get the pile of cards that were already put down. If you were telling the truth, the person who yelled bullshit gets the pile. You then keep going with the next card and see who can make it with having no cards left. My friends and I play this card game sometimes.
  6. Apr 9, 2012
    Jungle Speed
  7. May 15, 2011
    Mille Bornes