Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What are your favourite movies?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by LcLovesBlue, Apr 15, 2014

1. Feb 13, 2014
    I'm a sucker for good movies. It seems lately I've either seen all the good ones I know of or they just don't seem worth watching. Canadian Netflix doesn't exactly have the best selection either.

Which brings me to my thread, what are your favourite movies?

Some of mine include, Empire of the Sun, The Usual Suspects, Spy Game.

Lets refrain from posting things such as 'A Tale of Two Titties' or 'Womb Raider". I'm looking at you @Luffaren and @iProbie.
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 31, 2012
        Being there is cool. Peter Sellers was great.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Jun 11, 2012
          The Birdcage (Best Robin Williams movie ever made)
          The Matrix (the first one, the rest loses the philosophy aspect)
          • Like Like x 1
          • Apr 1, 2012
            Shawshank Redemption, I actually first saw this movie 3 years ago and it was fantastic

Unknown (with Liam Neeson), good plot

Now You See Me: that ending!

Olympus Has Fallen starring Gerard Butler and Morgan Freeman

Riddick: mmm that Katee Sackhoff, also RIP alien-puppy

Saving Private Ryan
          • Feb 13, 2014
            • Jun 23, 2010
              Taken 1 & 2
              Fast & Furious series
              All of Ip man movies
              Fight Club

And many more lol
            • Dec 17, 2007
              any good horror movie is my favorite, and anything with lots of action like takers
            • Sep 30, 2013
              The room, Birdemic: Shock and Terror, Troll 2, and every movie that is on that Sci Fi channel.
            • Feb 13, 2014
              Does this include the Shark related movies? Ie. Ghost Shark, Sharknado, etc. Or am I the only one to have seen these? Lol
            • Apr 24, 2012
              I like anything that isnt a chickflick. Mostly action movies and sci fi. The star wars trilogy, the transporter and The Bourne Idenity.
            • Feb 13, 2014
              All great movies. Especially Star Wars. Any other recommendations that aren't so iconic and perhaps I have not seen?
              Post Merged, Apr 15, 2014
              For the record, the movies you guys are listing... if you have not seen Empire of the Sun, I highly recommend it.
            • Feb 11, 2007
            • Sep 30, 2013
            • Feb 8, 2013
              Alien (only the original)
              All ofPeter Jackson LOTR & the 2 Hobbits (most likely will be a fan of the next hobbit)
              could make a hella long list but better to just post ones most people might know

If I could recommend somthin, if you have netflix watch Ip Man 1 & 2 along with Grandmaster you will have to read but the Fighting scenes speak for themselves (badass as fuck)
            • Apr 9, 2012
              By a great longshot, Spirited Away. It's the movie I've watched around 20 times I think (I think 23 times to be correct). Most other movies of Studio Ghibli and Hayao Myazaki.
              There are so many other ones of course.

In fact, recently Noah tended to be one of the best movies I had seen since a long time, and I'm not religious at all. (I'm not per definition atheïstic but you could definitly call me like that, with the only exception that I'm not enforcing people to stop believing, I just don't share the same vision.)