Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What boss would you like to see in a ZE map?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by SubDelt@, Jul 22, 2014

1. Feb 12, 2012
    The name pretty much says it all.
    After releasing a new Convoy version (it will happen, but I'm not sure how soon) I'm planning to start making another map. I need your ideas for the final boss. What would you like to see?
    It can be any final boss from any game. The only limitation is that it can't be too huge, a helicopter size max. For instance, the battleship boss from Crysis won't do, while the Maledict from Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (video below) is good enough. Doesn't matter if it flies around or moving on the ground or just standing on one place.

Your offers :>

And yea, that would be great if you could attach a video example to your post that shows the boss itself and what it does. Thank you.
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      SubDelt@, Jul 22, 2014 Last edited by SubDelt@, Jul 22, 2014
    • Apr 28, 2013
      Not to suggest a boss for ze but a suggestion for the new convoy.

ADD ZM RESPAWN IN THE MAP. The reason, it's a pretty unfair map to servers that do not have zm respawn. On those servers, we usually have to rely on the redeemer just to kill all but 1 afk and then it's basically a win or boss round. On pF, we can't rely on redeemer because there is a zm respawn config on the server whereas on maps like westersand and skyrim have respawn configs in the map.
    • Apr 1, 2012
      A boss battle that is different than pred style boss fights that a lot of maps use:

The fight takes place in a very long tunnel.
      You start out at one end and as you move towards the other end, the boss chases after you, anyone that touches the boss dies.

Boss' hp is divided into different parts (let's say 7 segments), once a segment worth of damage is dealt, the boss would stumble and slow down giving the humans enough time.

To make things more awesome, zombies also follow the boss but is blocked by the boss (zombies cannot go in front of the boss) and so cannot stab humans but just for the dramatic effect of a horde led by a bigass boss chasing you.

If you ever play House of the Dead series, this is what it would look like:

Start at 07:00 ish
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Mar 30, 2012
        That kind of boss battle is already being done by another mapper.
      • Mar 20, 2012
        God of War 2

+old architeqture, fancy pillars and stuff, overall bright and not a dark map
        +much bolts and lightnings, best would be to copypaste the electro particles from ze_ssb from one of the character, still the best but nobody knows/uses them
        +some traps because we are only humans, where only gods should be
        + some titans in the skybox wandering or fighting around, like gaia, she heals and buffs(unlimited ammo) you after the final boss zeus and makes the skybox blur like on minas end...just in a different color

boss could be static at first then dynamic like pred at the end for a short time
        first part he just summons some bolts and forcefields or electrified ground and you have to jump on some ruin stones to get to higher ground, and you cant get close to him - nuke area around him, sooo strong -__-
        if he uses the protective forcefield, you have to shoot some structure above him, which is breakable and falls down and stuns him and the wall is gone
        then on extreme mode, 2 Player get a sign over their models, indicating that they will be hit by major bolts or holy attacks whatever in about 7s ~dealing 40dmg in an middlebig area around them

Dynamic boss battle could be with a big sword and a line behind him like medusa, the green pits stuff but here it will be something that heals the humans...because he is bleeding and humans took so much dmg already in the static boss fight....and when a god is bleeding, there will be some holy crap flowing out of him
        It helps people who picked up swords before the boss fight to deal dmg to him, they are the melee damage dealer + gunhits. You can only use them in the dynamic boss fight though.

Then you escape to Anor Londo to Gwynevere the Princess of Sunlight and you close the gate behind you.

You should play/watch some Dark Souls 1(Anor Londo part) in order to get some simple pillar,hall and stairs structures for Hammer. Steal the Zeus Model from god of war and the sword one. first stage is the way to the olymp. second is on the olymp. third is the boss fight. and 4th boss fight with epicness and defeinding tryhard and impossibru

You should post it on kickstarter and get some money.

iprobie: run and shoot is not good.
      • Nov 17, 2012
        Defence of the World Tree from WarCraft III, final Campain Mission :grin:
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 1, 2012
          THE SIMPSONS DID IT!..
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Jun 18, 2012
            Cause zombies just LOVE to walk into those invisible walls without any chance of getting to their objective...
          • Mar 20, 2012
          • Apr 1, 2012
            Yesss...just like the cage in mako, pred and how zombies are trapped in skyrim boss fights too! or how zombies cannot stab humans in paper! or how zombies are only spectating barbossa and kraken fights!
          • Apr 3, 2013
            Monsoon from Metal Gear Rising could be interesting. Could run/teleport to CT's and execute them if they don't react fast enough. At some points he jumps up to pillars and hurls objectives (cars, debris etc.) at CT's

Could also activate a mist/fog attack so your vision becomes more limited.

Fight starts at around 8:20

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHPouzEdw68
            Kloud, Jul 22, 2014 Last edited by Kloud, Jul 22, 2014
          • Jun 18, 2012
            Idk about the kraken fights, but in pred and mako it's at least made clear that you're not supposed to get to the zombies. That's way better than shitty invisible walls which 1. are usually hard to get at in the first place, but once you're actually close of getting in range of someone you'll get pushed back by higher forces which is extremely frustarting and leads up to 2. Simply being bad level design, if someone's not intended to be somewhere be creative, a tube falling in the path, floor breaking, a giant fan going on (which is pretty much an invisible wall but at least explains why you cant proceed).

There's plenty of those old school maps which have these walls and I guess 6+ years ago you could get away with it but I think with the level of mapping we're seeing currently it's simply the easy way out. That said, back on topic. It could actually be a nice thing an A to B boss fight, but like I said, make it possible for zombies to get there, let them drop in from the roof, make them jump from a sewer hole, they could even appear out of some emergency exits if it was to be a tunnel.

What I'd like to see from Subdor Deltor though, yes I'm talking to you, is something you made up yourself, portal was a good map, people liked the 30_secs remake, and convoy seems enjoyable for a lot of people (haven't played it myself yet). You obviously have the knowledge, now show some creativity!!!
          • Feb 13, 2014
            Mother Brain from Super Metroid

• Agree Agree x 1
            • Apr 9, 2012
              Subdetl@ boss!
            • Feb 12, 2012
              Don't worry. The map I'm planning is not going to be a remake of anything. The only thing I'm actually taking from somewhere else is the final boss fight, but even there you'll see some "creativity".
              Now, back to the topic. I already have the entire map in my head, so no need to offer me stages for it. All I need is some bosses ideas, since any boss will fit this map. I'll try to make it behave as close to the original boss as possible, but still there'll be a little "feature" that at the same time will make this boss completely different from the original one. Such a mystery it is. Difficult to explain without telling what the map is gona be about. But, as always, I won't tell that until I release the map :>
            • Feb 27, 2012
              Killing Floor - Patriarch

Killing Floor - Flesh Pound

Painkiller: Hell and Damnation - Final Boss
              I never liked this game, the voice acting was horrible. You'll see if you watch the video. Also, he sounds like duke nukem. wtf.
              Quake 4 - Makron
              • Like Like x 1
              • Oct 11, 2012

What if it was structured in a way the zombies affected the boss. Kind of like on pirate's where zombies move the cannon (or ram forget which) forward by being near it.
              • Apr 28, 2013
                Name of mapper and map?
              • Feb 25, 2014
                Wel here are some bosses i would like to see

Level 1: namek

Mini bosses would be Ginyu

Freeza, one sadistic end boss on namek

Level 2: Earth

First to encounter are the deadly androis 17 and 18

And ofcourse the endboss would be

Level 3: Would be the kai planet

The mini bosses would be

And the end boss Kid buu

If this DBZ ze would be real i would be a ze player nonstop :cool: