Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What do you guys want?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Mar 6, 2012

1. Feb 27, 2012
    Alright, so some of you know that I am making a map for the zombie mod. I have been playing around with some things and begun to learn hammer. This is my first map that I'll be making. But I have an issue; I don't know what the theme to the map should be. My friend Entag suggested a Hospital map because he hasn't seen any hospital maps for the zombie mod. Then he expanded his idea to Silent Hill type of hospital. Before I for sure start making it a hospital type map, I wanted to hear what else you guys would want.

Also, if I am doing a hospital map, I'm going to need some custom models. Do you know any sites that have some to download?
  2. Feb 11, 2012
    What custom models? but check fpsbanana.com it has pretty much everything
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sep 30, 2011
      Damn children. -.-

On topic though, don't go with something ordinary.
      Make something new but something that can still tie in to a Zombie Apocalypse.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      It's not 100% original idea, but to the zombie mod server it is. He used to play on your server a bit until he kinda said the wrong thing infront of an admin.

And thanks for the link [T_T] . I found a wheelchair model for tf2, but it works in CS:S. I'll look in there for anything else that i need.
    • Jul 4, 2011
      Garrysmod.org also has a lot of models, you need the game to access them though.
    • Mar 4, 2012
      a hospital map used to be in rotation a long time ago..zm_hospital..the name went something like that. I'm sure you can find that map and use it or reference. i use to enjoy it alot, but naturally most failed quickly and QQ'd so it was removed.
    • May 14, 2011
      use propper to make your own models. Its also an effective way to make small details on you map. It uses hammer so its easy to learn to use.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Well, I accidently upgraded from windows7 to windows 8 instead of putting it on a new partition. So, ALOT of stuff is broken :/
    • Jan 8, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011
      On a side note, how is Win8 Beta? I heard it was released a week or two ago, and I thought it'd be something cool to upgrade to, since my Win7 Ultimate x64bit isn't necessarily legit.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Well, i suggest making a small partition to test it out on. The start button was removed, and replaced with this
      [IMG]
      Its almost exactly like Windows 7. Just more tablet optimized. I also find it uses less resources when started. I think they did a good job with it. And if you have a problem with your windows saying it isn't legit, i have a program to fix that if you need it
    • May 15, 2011
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Feb 20, 2011

A lot of people will spend 90% of their time on the old desktop, in my case I have my most commonly used apps pinned to the taskbar anyways, so the only time you'll see the Start Screen is when you first log in, and when you search for an app that you don't always use.

[IMG]

Other than the startscreen, the improvements made to the old aero style desktop make it worth it IMO, It boots faster, everything that worked with Windows 7 works with Windows 8, it uses less resources simply running.
      • May 14, 2011
        Is it worth getting the beta over Win 7 x64 Ultimate? Or is it better to just wait for the real release? I don't want to reinstall for no reason.
      • Jun 4, 2006
        oh god IE... I need to work on making the site play nicer with that browser, they hate each other right now. On a related note I think the design of 8 is god awful.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Everybody will say that about all new operating systems, lol. You just have to take the time to learn Windows 8.
        • Jun 4, 2006
        • Jul 5, 2008
          its because its designed with tablets in mind. i had the beta didnt like it to much either.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Well, I know my dad did. I never judge an OS until I've had enough playing around with it. But hey, not every OS can please everyone i guess D:
          It's also this. I'm sure in the full release you'll have the choice of classic windows theme or maybe a windows 7 style theme. I mean, they had the windows 95 classic theme up to windows 7. Why get rid of it now?
        • Feb 20, 2011
          I only recently switched back to IE, previously I hadn't used it since IE 6 (Which I'm sadly forced to use at work, I cannot even log in at work because the login box won't render correctly). Previously I used Safari for Windows, but I decided to give IE another try and I can honestly say I quite like it. The site works great in IE9.

To be honest only if you're bothered about poking around in a new OS, I find my performance in high-end games is actually better than Windows 7 SP1, as Windows 8 uses far less resources running than Windows 7, and ATI released graphics drivers for Win 8 Beta. I did an upgrade install so I lost nothing. I haven't found a single thing that wont work under Windows 8 that worked with 7.