Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What do you think of the Server?

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by ck27, Jan 2, 2007

What do you think of the server?

Its perfect and needs no improvement 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Its the best server out there but it needs improvement 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Its neutral with other servers but needs alot of improvement 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Its worse than most servers 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Needs alot of improvement 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Jan 11, 2007
    I encountered this server back in November/December last year-- back when I thought PF had quietly died :frown:
    Hence, I didn't remember what server had this 'anti-spawn-camp' solution.

Repeat after me, "Plaguefest will never die again... Plaguefest will never die again... Plaguefest will never die again..."
  2. Jan 27, 2007
    However, I'm improving on their mediocre idea with another. Chances are that zombies will follow the no-clipped players. This would be stalking. Problem is that we can't fix it. So my idea is to make them into an actual no-clip mode, except they are unable to fall through the ground. This way, the newly spawned people can be safe and go through someone else's cade so they can hide there also, and be safe. This would work well in my opinion. But ck27, just know that the ?WwT? server became a pussy and now has a Star Wars Mod instead of a zombie mod, so I'm sticking to pF, like I was planning to in the first place.
  3. Jan 11, 2007
    Actually, their idea addressed this possible problem. Whenever you respawned as a human, during your 20 seconds of invulnerability, you were also invisible to the zombies -- thus there was no way for the zombies to stalk the 'invisible' humans.
  4. Posts
    Heh, I'm repeating after you all right.

That time period sucked, wish I could've done more during that time.

Hell, I was working my ass off on Christmas day to get it up and running again. It launched on that very day.
  5. Jan 11, 2007
    I am sure we would have all forgiven you if you had taken a break on Christmas day and then delayed the launch by a day. But if you were willing to work on PF over the holidays, then we were more than happy to fill the server when it launched!

Cheers!... and thanks!
  6. Jan 27, 2007
    Hmm...you have a very good point. But make them only visible to humans, so that humans aren't surprised that they have another guy in their cade.
  7. Mar 17, 2007
    It is the current best ZMod server out there, but that is not to say it doesn't have many problems. The biggest being things like mic spammers, cade destroyers, etc, but you can't do much about that, other then having an admin on 24/7, which is pretty much impossible.

I suggest getting an admin who is from another time zone, so they can be on during for what it is for us, night time.
  8. Jan 11, 2007
    I'm sometimes on at weird hours, and I know other admins are as well, but you're right, there definitely are times when there are few/no admins on during the (North America) night hours. Short of having hundreds of admins, there is no practical solution to this problem, and having a HUGE admin group creates its own troubles. As we have sadly seen in the past, different players have different perspectives on the role that an admin should play in the server. It is necessary that the admins on a server have the same perspective on the roles and responsibilities of "server admins". Often we find a player whose approach to server administration does not mesh with the plaguefest philosophy. Trying to find a group of 100+ server admins who share the same administrative philosophy is next to impossible.

I am glad I do not shoulder the (heavy) burden of "new admin screening".
  9. Mar 24, 2007
    i think it would be a great idea if the humans were the clone guys from F.E.A.R or the Combine from Half Life 2 that would be fun cuz it would add to the severity of a zombie invasion. by the way great job on the server its my favorite and i play it non stop im friends with many of the admins and almost all of them know me. i havent seen any admin abuse so far just to let you know. keep up the great work and i can contact some coders and modders to make additions for the server if you need some. the only problem is n00bs who cant jump fast enough and get u zombafied, the @$$ hole cade destroyers, and jerks who make fun of people and me. basically i have a problem with "the shit stains on the underpants of society" <thats my line
    P.S. i will be happy to help out with keeping assholes off of the server
  10. Mar 23, 2007
    The only suggestion I have for the server is the number of zombies at the beginning of every round. I believe it would make it more interesting and challenging if about 1/3 of the humans spawned as zombies.
  11. Dec 30, 2006
    I dont think our server would remain popular for long with something like that.
  12. Jan 27, 2007
    People don't join zombie servers for challenging. They want it for fun and for the blood, violence and gore.
  13. Posts
    ah the re-opening night.. it was full in a matter of minutes and never ceased to die out after that, just like old times, oh by the way, I forgot to mention, we passed the Plague Fest 1 year anniversary, go figure.
  14. Jun 20, 2007
    This is the best ZM server but it needs substantial improvements. In my opinion, unlimited ammo is great but it does cause a lot of lag. Something you guys could do is maybe keep unlimted ammo, but enable reloading. That would allow for more balanced gameplay because when non-zombies go in man-formation in a tight spot, you can bet your ass that the zombies will not get them. Lag and traitor cts could ruin it , but if all goes smooth, the humans are going to win because of unlimted ammo.

Another problem to many is the lag. Im not exactly sure what causes the lag stutters, but it is annoying. Ive played with the max pop in the server many times and sometimes it runs smooth. Then there are times when the round is over and everyone respawns, you get stuck in lag space. Where you basically sit there for 10-30 secs , which then causes the zombie to spawn already and pwn those at spawn. What could be done is to lower the 300ping limit to 200 , preferably 150ms. I believe that would help a lot.
  15. Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't seem that long. In that time, I have learnt many things.
  16. Feb 8, 2007
  17. Apr 28, 2007
    $0.05 for every post that doesn't entirely contain 'lol'
  18. Feb 8, 2007

WARNING: this contains lol
  19. Jan 11, 2007

This post does not *entirely* contain the aforementionned phrase.
  20. Jul 19, 2007
    Ive been playing on this server for some time now and lately it seems there havent been enough admins often times i come in and half the server is spawn camping or breaking many of the other set rules would highly recomend turning on votekick. Also had an idea for a spawn protect. Set a border around the spawn where if a zombie hits the border they are teleported to a designated area or slapped away. To prevent the CT's from camping inside set an amount of time they can stay inside the border before being slapped out of teleported out somewhere round 10 seconds maybe less would do. I have heared of someone trying to create something similar before but havent seen it yet. Just a couple of things that came to mind other than that the server is good best zombie server i have seen out there.