Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What is your Minecraft Mod List?

Discussion in Gaming started by Kyron The Wise, Oct 19, 2011

1. Apr 29, 2011
    I am curious as to the combination of mods people manage to put together on their Minecraft game.

Here's how replies should go:
    Mod Name A:Short description of WTF this mod does.
    Support Mods required for Mod A

Mod Name B: Short Description of WTF this mod does
    Support Mods required for Mod B

And so on and so on. Please do not list Support mods and their descriptions, just the visibly game changing ones

For Example:
    Buildcraft: Adds various machines that do everything from auto mining to transporting items through pipes. Also adds engines for power.
    Requires: Risugami's Modloader (Henceforth referred to as RML), Flan's Unofficial ModloaderMP, ForgeAPI

Equivalent Exchange: Alchemy Mod that not only adds a crap ton of new End Game material, but makes it so you convert that ton of Cobble into some shiny diamonds, at a balanced rate. Alchemy Power items require Glowstone and/or Redstone for fuel.
    Requires: RML, Risugami's Audio Mod, and either ForgeAPI, or Scokeev's Item Sprite API (Depending on which version of EquExc you are using)

Mo' Creatures: Livens up the Minecraft World by adding a variety of Fauna, such as horses, lions, bears (No tigers), and sharks.
    Requires: RML, Risugami's Audio Mod if you want new sounds, GUI API.

More Creeps and Weirdos: Kinda like Mo' Creatures, but adds crazy shit like tameable Rocket Giraffes (Yes, they launch rockets), Lawyers, Tameable Guinea Pigs and Weiner Dogs, Goo Goats, and much, much more.
    Requires: RML, Audiomod if you want new sounds

Fossil and Archaeology Mod: You can find a new kind of stone that, when mined, drops one of a variety of items such as a Stoneboard (Hieryoglyphic Painting), ancient equipment, or even Fossils from which you can clone for own tamable Dinosaur.
    Requires: RML, Audiomod

TooManyItems: In game Inventory Editor that allows you to place a full stack, a single item, or an infinite stack of any item in your game (Including Mod items). Also features a handy dandy item deleter so you can trash that block of dirt so you don't pick it back up after tossing it.
    Requires: Nothing

Twilight Forest: Adds the ability to make a portal to a dimension filled with giant trees, mazes, new mobs, and even a boss fight
    Requires: RML, Audio Mod

Risugami's Recipe Book: Ability to craft a book that contains all of the possible recipes in the game, even Mod Recipes, so you don't have to tab out to look up that recipe for a Dark Matter Locus.
    Requires: RML
  2. Dec 30, 2006
    I've always wanted to try buildcraft, but I can't use it on the server I'm playing on. At least I don't think.
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    I have none. Rofl. I just play and thats it.
  4. May 15, 2011
    I think the most I was able to add at once without it crashing was 11?

I've since given up since just adding 1 crashes now.

The only mod I have now is a small one that just makes the game sound prettier.

Otherwise I use to have:

Portal Mod: Portal... in a box!

Flan's Planes Mod: Gives you several WWII planes to fly around in, also some AA guns.

SDK's Gun Mod: FUCKING GUNS!

Flan's Vehicle Mod: Gives you A couple tanks and wagons to drive around in.

Optimine (Now Optifine): Better FPS cause Minecraft's optimization is SHIT.

FiniteLiquid: The liquids are a lot prettier and... funky, for lack of a better word.

Nature Overhaul: Adds some new animals and really livens up the place. The birds are cool.

Matmos r6: Adds some pretty neat effects to the game. I love it, it's the only mod I have now. (Also cause it's the only one that doesn't break the fucking game.)

Single Player Commands: Cheats... Cause that's how I role.

Various others I fail to remember cause it's been so long.

All of these need Risugami's Audiomod and Modloader. Also GaryCXJk's Turbo Model Thingy.

If they would work I would totally install them again.
  5. Jan 21, 2011
  6. Jul 9, 2009
    Eloraam's RedPower, works for singleplayer and multiplayer and makes the entire red stone handling better as you don't need to make these freaking stairs for vertical signal transportation.
    Requires Risugami's ModLoader, Flan's Unofficial ModLoaderMp Client Version and MinecraftForge V1.0.5 or later for singleplayer.
    Requirements for servers are Flan's Unofficial ModLoaderMp Server Version and MinecraftForge Server V1.0.5 or later.
    Also some more graphic mods for better fps and look, can't remember the name though.
  7. Apr 29, 2011
    I'm pretty sure that Flan has updated his shit, the Portal is 1.8 compatible, as is SPC. SDK went off and died or something, so IDK about his mods, Flan is trying to take them over.

Dirtbag, if I can run 7 major mods on a Macbook, I'm pretty sure you can run them as well.

And let me add something I forgot to specify earlier. If you don't have any mods/you are bizarre enough to find joy in Vanilla, why are you posting in a thread titled "What is Your Minecraft Mod List?" ?

:mage:
  8. May 15, 2011

I liked the mods, but for some reason they keep breaking my game, so I gave up.

I actually don't play as often because of that.

Once Notch implements the mod thingy I'll take a stab at it.

If it works I'll start playing regularly again, otherwise I'm stuck with Vanilla.

I don't like it, but I role with it cause I have no choice. :/
  9. Jan 21, 2011
    The title seemed to be one of general curiosity, so those who play vanilla have every reason to post that they don't use mods. All I want to do in Minecraft is build, so mods seem like a waste of time to me. Creative mode eliminated any desire I had to get mods.