Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What not to do as an Admin

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Tazland001, Jun 26, 2011

1. Oct 21, 2010
    So everyone keeps writing voicing there concerns over me being donater and not admin anymore. So I am going to throw this out there.

Bottom line is I did get into trouble. And yes it was my fault. I am accountable for my actions. Learn from my mistake.

* I used the mic to talk to a new admin which should have stayed stricly on the admin chat. (bad call on my part but even the best slip up)
    * I got mad in mumble and did not sound very proffesional. (do not do this. stay kewl under pressure)

On that same token I do not feel that my case was handled right and I feel I got thrown under the bus. No one had my back at all. But that does not justify my actions of loosing my cool in mumble.

See I come from a very rough background. I went to school for years in Broward county Florida. I actually was segrigated into a school that was 95% African American. You can imagine being one of the only white boys in that school. Yes I had to fight all the time until I got repect. When I was in mumble they kept telling me the same thing over and over and over and I kept agreeing over and over and over. Well to me this is like taking your finger and drilling into my chest over and over while I am getting yelled at. Well having such a hard younger life and being italian I have a bad temper. If someone trys to do that in person I would just break their nose. Well this aint the way to handle things. I know this is not a job but I still need to control my temper. This aint the streets. Funny thing is I have been in management for years and never loose my cool on the job but I lost my cool in mumble.

So let this be a lesson to you all. Even the most popular and great admins screw up. We are all human.

Taz
  2. Feb 24, 2011
    Taz I can say that I like you as an admin and person. I don't know you all that well but when I have talked to you I like you. Your not a bad admin so don't think that. Sometimes people just get irritated easier than others. Your that person lol. But that being said just try harder next time to just keep your mouth shut or just go into another channel in mumble until you cool off or just mute yourself and scream! Ha but your great Taz just keep your head on your shoulders!
  3. Oct 21, 2010
    Yes I know. I actually tried to do that. I told them I was starting to get mad and I wanted to leave but was told " you will leave when I tell you to leave".
    Then it went downhill from there. But regardless I should have kept my cool.

Taz
  4. Jul 14, 2008
    Learn from your mistakes and move on, there is no need to make a big deal out of small things. You made a mistake and you couldnt handle the consequences so you decided to quit. Being a popular admin does not give you the right to claim the server is yours or override the rules and procedures we have as a community. Also keep in mind that you are not the only one who has made great efforts for Plaguefest, many people has done that too and nobody claims the servers as their own.
  5. Oct 21, 2010
    This post was to show admins what not to do. I allways learn from my mistakes Latino. Why do you post this? " You made a mistake and you couldnt handle the consequences so you decided to quit". So how will comments like this show other admin what not to do? I am not trying to cause waves with this post I am trying to use myself as an example of what not to do. Why do people on here twist my intensions.

To be honest I am not the one who started calling this my server. Harvey is the actaul one who nicknamed lila as Tazzyland and it stuck. Then other would say "how is your server doin Taz". After a while it just stuck.I have even joked with Ray about this being my server, my baby, tazzyland and Ray had no problem with this. I do not say this to be hurtfull or use it as a power trip. People just refer to the lila server as tazzyland. Everyone knows this is a PF server and I am super glad it is here to enjoy. Believe me Latino I meant no harm and it will never be called my server again by me. I did not know that rubbed people the wrong way. That was not my intentions. I love PF and would never do anything to hurt the community.

Taz
  6. Mar 26, 2011
  7. Apr 2, 2011
    Taz, when we played in lila, everyone respected you... trying to maintain peace during hectic hours... not easy, especially when people think you are a new admin.... in the end, I am sorry that you are not an admin, but hopefully you will still be in Lila server, just to help out now and then with your presence :thumbsup:
  8. Feb 23, 2011
    We all love u at panic regardless u r a admin or not. You never meant any harm to the server.

And I hope the newer ones learn from this episode.
  9. May 15, 2011

Unfortunately I can't relate to this since I keep my ego in the dirt just for these kinds of reasons.

But I can say that sounds quite... Childish.

On both of your parts.

Taz you should have kept your cool.

And you realized that.

But the other party is also at fault here.

It takes two to start a fight.

Unless you were fighting with yourself.

In which case you need to see a doctor. :razz:
  10. Jun 4, 2006
    To be frank, you calling it your server was the least of our issues, in fact we wouldn't have an issue with it at all if you had stayed consistent with the rules / punishment procedures, and kept admin business private, not on the mic (you've had issues with this in the past as well). If this was your first offense with the matter, a simple talk with you in private would have sufficed, but it was a repeat offense. Also your temper / the aftermath in mumble had nothing to do with your demotion.

And Dirt, I have to disagree with you entirely. The other party, presumably being the one that started it, a new admin of ours, was entirely 100% in the right and doing everything they were supposed to do. Taz was in the wrong with this one.

Unfortunate to see you quit over a demotion as I do feel you have the potential to be a great admin and you have been most of the time, but to each his own. Glad to know you're sticking around though.
  11. Oct 10, 2010
    everyone can do issues, i did also while i am drunken
    ok, but i dont know the whole story
  12. May 15, 2011

Taz you didn't give the whole story.

Details baby. That's where the money's at.

Trying to hide things only hurts yourself.

Unless you didn't fully understand why you were demoted.

In which case, I've done that before as I'm sure many of us have too.

Like you said. We're only humans. We make mistakes.

The trick is to just move on.

Accept the punishment and keep walking.

13. Jul 23, 2010
    Maybe people don't realize that if we stopped being concerned with our own popularity as an admin, we wouldn't make these types of mistakes.

I don't have much to say in regards to empathy considering I've never been in a position of demotion, but I also don't believe that quitting as an admin was the right choice either.

I also do not think it is very professional on your part to post a public forum post declaring that "it was all your fault" yet, you were treated unfairly in punishment. For the people who follow you on the server, this gives them the impression that the higherups are not doing their job correctly. Also, it might result in some backlash regarding these players against other admins.

What's done is done. I thought you were a good admin, but I also have no part of this situation.

If this is partly because of discussing admin business on mic, I really fail to see how this is any different.

There is no need to splash private admin business on the forums in my eyes, and I hope you stay happy in your decision to leave the admin team. It seems a ton of people will miss you.