Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What the hell happened to men's shorts?

Discussion in The No Count Section started by Benvolio, Feb 16, 2014

1. Mar 4, 2012
    So I was watching my old school's basketball team playing yesterday and noticed how ridiculously long the shorts have gotten in basketball. But it's not just basketball; lacrosse shorts are just as bad. I've also noticed it in the gym with guys wearing shorts down to their calves or a few inches past their knee. It looks absolutely retarded. Aren't shorts supposed to be functional athletic wear?

Being in the military and mostly working out with other people in the military I don't really see it as much because we're either in PTUs or wearing functional shorts.

Example functional shorts)

Selous Scouts

2616920731_9faf008711

Navy SEAL UDT shorts

art-navy_seals_2011

US Army PTU shorts

5843366418_20658a255e_b

French Foreign Legion shorts

FFL Shorts

Example nonfunctional shorts)

These are technically loose three-quarter pants

IMG_1203-no-31

bball shorts

Even the ref can't tell who is playing cause they're all wearing short pants

-b79b7e86f36b2fb7

duke lax

Someone explain this bullshit to me.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
      Benvolio, Feb 16, 2014 Last edited by Benvolio, Feb 16, 2014
    • Oct 29, 2010
    • Mar 4, 2012
      >needing that many pockets

u wot son?
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I love my cargo shorts. Favorite ones for many reasons.

But I throw a fit if my shorts aren't at least knee length. They're not THAT low, but short shorts aren't for me.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    • Mar 4, 2012
      I wear cargo shorts that are like an inch above my knee when I'm fishing during the summer just because I actually make use of the pockets.

But I absolutely cannot stand wearing shorts that are not at least an inch above the knee and that's for shorts I wear with polos or button ups as well as my athletic shorts.
    • Nov 17, 2012
      Shorts for life. Can get away wearing shorts here in Winter ^-^
    • Apr 1, 2012
    • Apr 28, 2013
      You have to admit, I like that picture with the ppl from the army. Those ppl probably looked happy there. Hell, another bullshit reason is that my sister says that these "long shorts" are the new style when it actually shouldn't be.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jul 20, 2010
        I don't know why they got so long, but best kind of shorts are futbol shorts :grin:. They so fucking silky and soft :3.

[IMG]
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Dec 11, 2013
          Agree... I also like football short is AWESOME!!!! And the short is light as wind ~~~ :smile:
        • Aug 1, 2011
          Army PT shorts are the only short shorts for me.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Jun 11, 2012
            wtf is shorts? up in canada we called them bikinis.

Though cargo shorts are awesome for casual wears for work..and after work....sitting on my PC afterward
          • Jan 21, 2011
            [IMG]
            FRAT
          • Mar 4, 2012

UDT

Schneeburger 1978

selection

Selous Scouts in survival training learning how to skin and prepare a monkey to eat.

monkeyskin

Attached Files:

• Feb 11, 2012
            When I use to play soccer the shorts were fairly short. Some had shorts to the tip of the knees(like me) and halfway down the knees. I wore different shorts all the time and they were different lengths lol one was a long pair going to the top of my knees and the other was a little bit above maybe an inch above the knees or so. I preferred the longer pair (sorry Benvolio xD). Not sure why it felt more comfortable or maybe because the shorter pair would always ride up my ass and I would be pulling them down a bit to release the wedgy that would form when I ran.
          • Jul 8, 2012
            I carry random shit in my pockets lol. My phone, wallet, iPod, a battery or two for my phone, who knows what else I use my pockets lol. They have to be at least knee length for them to feel right.
          • Aug 2, 2010
            I like the breeze I get across my nutsack with my shorts. I only wore basketball shorts until I did my military stint. Now I'm all about feeling that wonderful breeze.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Nov 3, 2013

[IMG]
            • Mar 4, 2012
              I'm telling you man just try real shorts. Once you feel that breeze on your balls you'll know what I'm talking about.
            • Jul 8, 2012
              Nah. I have from playing soccer. I much prefer my current choice lol.