Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What to do... what to do...

Discussion in The No Count Section started by Brett, Apr 13, 2012

How should I destroy my shitty/broken Agility 3 SSD?

Stomp on it 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Sledgehammer that shit 8 vote(s) 34.8%
Hammer 2 vote(s) 8.7%
Tape hands and punch until it's broken 13 vote(s) 56.5%
  1. Dec 6, 2011
    Since my Agility 3 has been giving me a ton of shit the past couple months, I decided I'd get it back for all of the freezes/BSOD's/game crashes/file losses/giant paragraph losing it has done to me. It's to the point where if I even try to run anything off of it, it'll freeze within the first couple of seconds. Broke many objects over this piece of crap too. Finally got my Plextor M3 yesterday, and it's a hell of a lot better than the SandForce controlled OCZ product.

Basically I'll video myself doing whatever is voted, so make sure you vote for what you really want to see.

In case anybody was wondering this thing costed me about $110, bought as a Shell Shocker on Newegg a while ago.
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Dec 6, 2011
      It's completely broken. No use. Not like a, "oh sweet a half broken product I can buy for cheap of this dude and do a quick-fix to make it look like new!" :dontknow:
    • Apr 9, 2007
      You've done the firmware updates for said device right? You should never smash a device if it's
      1.) Under Warranty.
      2.) Still supported by the company.
      3.) You haven't tried everything you possibly can.

Since I'm sure you haven't considered any of those three, and are hell bent on destroying a functional device. I figured I'd offer some cash instead of watching you destroy a functional device.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Oh no lol I've spent roughly 40 hours total on OCZ forums doing everything. Registry fixes to modify power management settings, newest FW, Secure Erasing, file cleanup, you name it, OCZ staff on their forums have told me to do it. There's no warranty left, I can't return it, it's been way over 30days, and it's just going to collect dust. I'd be fixing it to use it again in a heartbeat if I could, but it was just considered defective after everything I tried.
      • Oct 29, 2010

*But attach your SSD to the balloons instead.
        • Like Like x 2
        • Nov 11, 2011
          I knew Kyle was cheap! Yell, 20 United States Dollars! Sold!
        • Nov 2, 2011
          Shit on it. Nevermind im not gonna watch you do that. :bugeyes:
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Jan 12, 2011
            Personally I'd dismantle it because I'm curious of the insides of different electronic goodies, but since you're probably not me I suggest fireworks or a freezing smash. By those I mean either 1) line it with any small fireworks (if legal) and set it off, repeating until completely destroyed or 2) buy some dust-off cans and spray upside down onto it until as frozen as you can make it. Then smash it spectacularly. (Liquid nitrogen would be great, but I don't think many people have a can of that lying around.) :smirk:

Obviously if you have access to more potent means of destroying it, be sure to share your alternatives!
          • Nov 11, 2011
            run it through the washer and then destroy it with a mace
          • Dec 6, 2011
            I do that, trust me, but this thing has caused so much anger/bullshit from it's terrible performance, I can't even bear to look at it without thinking of smashing it.
          • Jan 12, 2011
            Smash it, then look at the insides? :razz:
          • Dec 6, 2011
            2 birds with one giant ass fist, I LIKE IT!
          • Jan 12, 2011
            I hope you get this.... first thing that came to mind upon reading your post. :razz:
            (This would be a great way to destroy your SSD btw.)
          • Dec 6, 2011
            I'm from outer Detroit, you think I WOULDN'T HAVE SEEN ROBO-COP?????
          • Dec 6, 2011
            Oh shit, after getting off of the phone with the 3rd OCZ support person (surprisingly wasn't Indian this time), he said he WOULD RMA my SSD. I may actually save the $110 I wasted on this thing.