Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What type of ZE Map would you like to see?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Devious, Aug 3, 2014

What type of new Zombie Escape map would you like to see?

Stage map with special weapons and bosses (the usual) 16 vote(s) 40.0%
Stage map with special weapons and no bosses 4 vote(s) 10.0%
Stage map with no special weapons and no bosses 12 vote(s) 30.0%
Minigame type of map (like ze_random) 8 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. Sep 25, 2013
    Wondering what type of new zombie escape maps you guys would like to see made, if you have any other ideas not on the list be sure to comment them, and also give some reasons why XD
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    One without the pletory of stuff, but made the right way.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dec 10, 2013
      • Like Like x 1
      • Aug 20, 2012
        Dynasty Warriors map because Lü Bu will be a perfect boss.
        • Like Like x 2
        • Mar 29, 2012
        • Mar 30, 2013

So every official maps in one. And you play the map like in ze_random
        • Apr 1, 2012
          A map with a good story behind it like envi's maps.
          Epic, long and hard like my phallus.
          • Like Like x 2
          • Jul 20, 2012
          • Jul 9, 2013
            I would have to agree with Santa Zoey and Jumbo Jack something from a different game or even a movie those maps seem to be the most fun with or without special stuff doesn't matter its the fact that they help us relive childhood memories in most cases which I think makes for better gameplay.
          • Jan 30, 2013
            A box with a light in it that shoots rotating rainbow lasers from all directions, and has an obnoxious screenshake that rotates 360 degrees with explosions and pendulum.

• Aug 7, 2012
          • Feb 3, 2012
            I would like to see more maps with minigames.
          • Nov 26, 2011
            • Agree Agree x 3
            • Feb 27, 2012
              Anything that doesn't get too complicated (like harry potter and FF maps) When the map becomes dependent on map items, it just sucks. Sure it's fun for the people who know how to play, but what about the ones who don't? Now, i'm not saying don't add any map items, but make it so it doesn't mean that if you lose one item, you'll lose. That's how Harry Potter is. It's so dependent on the wands. If you lose the wrong one, you lose the round and it just drags on until all the CT's finally just die. Now, don't get me wrong, i enjoy the map, but it's no fun to a lot of people, and how much fail happens all the time gets really annoying. We went 1-12 before i disconnected yesterday.

Envi's maps, for the most part, aren't dependent on map items to win. Same with Luffaren's Predator map. They're just something added to make things easier, but winning is still possible without the map items.

So what i'd like to see in a map is more teamwork rather than magics, wands, materias, etc, with maybe a few items scattered here and there that don't drastically change the outcome of winning or losing the map/round/stage.

I understand why FF maps have materias and HP has wands. But it still takes away the fun when you have nobody who knows what they're doing with whatever item they get.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Apr 3, 2013
                I'd like to see more meta-ze maps, preferably with driveable vehicles and such.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                • Oct 18, 2012
                • Jan 11, 2011
                  Something (doesn't need to be weird) that feels like the old versions of Paranoid. Let's see if I explain myself...
                  On most maps you just "go with the crowd" and everyone wins or loses, and you blame "people not defending" or whatever. Sometimes you play those maps on autopilot.
                  Old Paranoid was the only map where I felt like I was playing and trying to win on every round and that my actions mattered (not just following the group and see what happens). Trying to get a weapon for the end or sometimes even hiding behind a pillar from zombies that pass by to survive to the Core. This kind of playstyle, however, is very hard to achieve (or impossible?) without special items or equivalent I guess.

Also, maps without filler. Design every room/area for a purpose. DONT add rooms and corridors just to make the map bigger or the rounds longer. Harry Potter seems to ONLY has filler. Corridor after corridor after corridor and nothing really special about any of the areas. The only exception I can think of right now is the chess room, but its just "break them fast" so it just becomes another area to run through.

If I didn't had other things to do (Mako V6 & Junon) and wasn't such a slacker and slow mapper I would love to make a map based around that single Dwarven Mines video picture.
                  Also, a Namek one where you DON'T fight Frieza (or anyone) as a boss. He is just fighting around with Goku, and maybe some of the Ki Blasts are the zombie nukes or open new paths through the mountains/water or whatever. XD
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Aug 2, 2010
                    Why is there no option for no special weapons but a boss? Oh and no tony. Definitely no tony.
                    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                    • Feb 27, 2012
                      I definitely need to be part of the map, whatchu talkin bout.