Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What would be the best WoW instance/raid for a ZE map?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by atxdragon, May 25, 2013

1. Aug 7, 2012
    Molten Core possibly. Maybe the Auchindoun series. Anything else?
  2. Jul 8, 2012
    I think Ice Crown Citadel would be sweet. Or Ulduar.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Aug 7, 2012
    ICC is really long though, nobody would be able to get through 12 bosses :c
  4. Apr 3, 2013
    Well, what i had for ICC in mind is the same old route to the gunship battle boss, from there you go through one of the teleporters (there are those teleporters in the original raid), and you appear in the Upper Rise (The room with a teleporter in the middle). There are 3 buttons on the north, east and west side. Activate all three of them, hold for 30 seconds, step through the teleporter and battle The Lich King.

But you're talking about a whole raid for a map, and i dunno about that. The Eye possibly?
  5. Aug 7, 2012
    that might work, i was thinking more for a whole map but i don't think that's going to really be possible with what blizzard put out :/
  6. Jul 8, 2012
    If you got ICC working into a map I would be impressed.

7. Aug 7, 2012
    I'd love to give it a try, it seems easy enough since the content is already there.

edit: well, easy in the sense that there's already content written for the map
  8. Jul 8, 2012
    Haha true true. I spent a lot of time in ICC and other Wow raids. Let me know regardless if you need help, though I know nothing about mapping lol.

9. Mar 12, 2008
    Could this be related at all to the convo that went down in ZE earlier?

If so, Ulduar. Straightforward, plenty of possible hold points, possible vehicle/weapon combos

and let's not forget the best part:

If the boss is rigged properly and has triggers like the actual raid, oh god so many rage bricks will be shat, not only that it will probably be the single most ear-shattering experience in existence if this were to happen.

Would also be fun to have a steamtank/vehicle battle like the first boss. Bosses be done in stages.
  10. Apr 3, 2013
    Well, Ulduar has like more bosses than ICC i believe D:
  11. Mar 12, 2008
    yes it does. Utilizing all of Ulduar's bosses would give the map ~13 stages. XT doesn't have to be the final boss. Was an example.
  12. Aug 7, 2012
    ulduar would be pretty epic. the mech bosses are hella fun.
  13. Jul 20, 2010
    BWL or AQ40. BWL would be a good choice since Vael was the gear check/retard check lol. Then the damn room after Vael where you have to run through the eggs. AQ40 Prophet Skeram where he mind controls the closest person to him and also makes copies of himself that have the same exact abilities as him. Not to mention the bug mounts.

Vanilla WoW is where it's at all the expansions after BC sucked, BC was meh also.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jan 11, 2012
      I'd go with Mount Hyal or Black Temple. Both pretty open and have a kinda escape shaped layout. I also thought of an Ulduar map after I got into advanced stuff of Hammer.
      Also Firelands could be an open choise escape map
    • May 14, 2012
      ICC is better than Ulduar imo. Ulduar has to many boring bosses like Freya, Hodir, and Razorscale. Or do BT
    • Jul 20, 2010
      Dude ICC was boring as fuck lol. Then again we just cleared that shit easily and then ran our alts for lawls. Only boss I found enjoyable was Lich King and Dreamwalker(but that's because I could LoH her and instant win the fight after I got enough stacks on me lol.).
    • May 11, 2011
      You could do the elemental lords and deathwing.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      That was my favorite lol. Being a paladin I out healed everyone every time on that fight. ICC was fun, but then again I wish I could go back and try some of the older vanilla or BC raids.