Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What would you like to see in a map...?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Brett, Apr 23, 2013

Would you rather have voiceovers or text on screen?

Text on screen 9 vote(s) 56.3%
Voiceovers 7 vote(s) 43.8%
  1. Dec 6, 2011
    Would you rather have voiceovers or text on the screen in regards to informing you of current map information (such as direction/when to move, etc.)

Explain why please.

EDIT: Sorry for not explaining well, the voiceovers would be at such like things holdpoints to advance, or boss fights for direction. Anything from recorded voice of the mapper, to an inserted sound clip.

Text would be on screen if possible, or just in the chat box. This would be things such as in any map, how they have "5 seconds left", "advance to the exit", telling you what items were picked up, etc.

The vote doesn't matter so much, but your opinion does. Thanks.
    Brett, Apr 23, 2013 Last edited by Brett, Apr 23, 2013
  2. Sep 8, 2012
    Depends what the voice over sounds like imo.
  3. Jan 21, 2011
    I'd rather see boobs on a map than either of those options.

But in all seriousness, there should be an option for both.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Feb 11, 2012
      Would the text on screen be in middle of the screen or? <--- If this is the case I'm still ok with this idea.
      If the On Screen Text is in the chat then it would just be like any other map, but I don't think that's what you are thinking of anyway.
      In regards to the voice over, I think the sound of gunfire might overpower the voice over possibly? <--- If that's the case I will choose On Screen Text.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      EDITED OP.
    • Jun 18, 2012
      I think by on screen you mean in the HUD right? Then I say on HUD, preferred above the chatbox like on paranoid, this way it's a lot ''calmer'' to read without the ***MASSIVE GIANT 60 TIMES THE SAME LINE SPAWN MOAR MOAR MOAR!!!***. Like gangsta said, the gunfire might overpower the voice, also people might be talking over the mic, and if the voice acting isn't good enough it will turn into a ZE_2012.

• Sep 6, 2010
      If voice - it should be loud and clear so everybody can hear as well as accompanying text. So I'd say voice and text together would work best.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Yeah, voice over is bad because all the bullet shooty pew pew. I mean, it's really difficult to hear anything when all you got is 40 derps shooting. I rather have the text option that's done in christmas infection.
      • Aug 2, 2010
        I nominate @Kyle to do the voiceovers.

I prefer text unless it's Kyle's sweet melodious voice I hear.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Dec 7, 2012
          I think text or both because some might not hear what map was voiced due to people using their mic or shooting. :wink:
          [pF] ghosted, Apr 23, 2013 Last edited by [pF] ghosted, Apr 23, 2013
        • Feb 3, 2012
          I would want voice.
        • Oct 22, 2012
          voice has my vote
        • Mar 1, 2012
          I nominate myself for voiceovers.
          • Like Like x 1
          • May 11, 2011
            I have a better idea why do we not let the players tell each other or is teamwork to hard for ze to manage?
          • Sep 8, 2012
            Well if the mapper is ZombieFurbie and if he's going to be doing the voice overs..yeah I change my vote to text.:wink:
          • Mar 4, 2012
            I prefer console text since I listen to music a lot while I play. Both would be preferred though.
          • Feb 8, 2013
            I want a FBI map.