Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What Would You Like to See in the Next Free Donator Contest?

Discussion in Setup an Event started by Brett, Jan 26, 2013

What day should this contest be on?

A Friday (Evening 4pm PST/7pm EST), after work for US, before sleep for Europe) 14 vote(s) 43.8%
A Saturday (More towards afternoon, 2pm PST/5pm EST) 18 vote(s) 56.3%
  1. Dec 6, 2011
    After quite a few donor competitions, some good, some bad, I want to hear the communities' input on what they'd like to see in the next Free Donator Contest that will be within the next month or so. Anything from the way it's run, to map suggestions are welcome (please include a logical reason). I'm looking for maps that require great teamwork, and not so much map skill/solo skill.

Last event didn't go over so well with the contest group, seeing that people were very lazy (who knew?). I still don't want to have to choose through all 60 some players in the server though, since it is pretty difficult, even with 5+ admins. This is open for discussion as well if you have a better idea to try out.

Finally, something that the last 2 contests lacked were admins or "judges". The first contest had I think over 8 admins on to help pick out some good teamwork among the 50 some players on. I'm asking for anybody that has an open day to come and join in during the contest to help out and watch a bunch of noobs beat Predator Ultimate, or Massacre Level on Paper Escaper. The day it will most likely be on will be a Friday in the evening, just late enough for people to get on after work, and just early enough for Europeans to play before they go to sleep. If it absolutely needs to be, I can get somebody to cover my Saturday and I'll find the appropriate time that works for that day (though I'm 90% sure it's Friday). Like I said, this will be in less than a month, the 11th or 18th of February, or possibly the 25th if a large portion of admins cannot make it.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Jan 13, 2013
      Also, i am willing to throw in a $15 Itunes gift card for the most active player during that time. Active meaning works with their team (Zombies or Humans) the most to guide them to victory and also have a great time playing. When the next one happens, i would be most inclined to be on the entire length of the Competition and determine who should get that (If that isn't too much to ask). I would like to feel like i did something for people. No, it will not be a biased decision. It would be purely based on how you play the game and how it helps your team. If not, i'll still throw it in for the person with the most time (Playing) on the server!
    • Dec 6, 2011
      I'd rather have you do this in another competition of your own.
    • Mar 20, 2012
      in my eyes best teamwork maps are(not absolutely in that order) -> hypernova, dejavu, predator, paper, zombiecity maybe even mountdoom ....and not minas plz because nondonators ( that are people who are participating in this contest) will be kicked for donators and this sucks

And playing the hero when its not needed is not great teamwork, if the rounds are boring because nobody makes mistakes , then its perfect^^
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Of course, I'm trying to avoid the maps that suck in all of the try-hards that only visit for a certain few maps. Just about all of them are map skill/solo skill maps anyways, so I'm not worried.
    • Jun 18, 2012
      ''What Would You Like to See in the Next Free Donator Contest?'' My name.

No seriously, I don't even know if you'll allow me to join again. However if I can't I might aswell be judge or w/e depending on the time. As for ideas I'd say use new maps like SSBB (and Tonys/Luffarens, didn't read their WIP thread yet). IF they're out yet of course. It'd require way more teamwork.
      Fornax, Jan 27, 2013 Last edited by Fornax, Jan 27, 2013
    • Dec 6, 2011
      I don't think any of those will be released within the next 2-3 weeks. Although, my ze_fuck_bunnyhopping_pf map might be.... ^^
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Feb 14, 2012
        Give it to the tard that lasts the longest again the goddamn dragon at the end of Skyrim. Call the contest Lord of the Dovaderps.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Mar 20, 2012
          contest topic: who can bhop the longest without getting kicked from brett
          • Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Artistic Artistic x 1
          • Jan 1, 2013
            Well in my opinion you need good teamwork especially for dejavu (oh yeah!) and Portal. Plus they are very hard maps out there so I would like to see a contest with them. And I want to see pF winning dejavu too! Because I never saw someone win this and it is fun to try to save as many cts as possible with my incredible awesome leading skills bwahahahaha! [/irony off]
            However, I am curious about the map you will choose at the end :smile:
            I would vote for Skyrim too when Päss released the new version, because it will sure be harder than the last one hihi
            Btw.: Friday would be a better date for me. My bf usually keeps the adorable computer seat by himself at weekends.
          • Mar 4, 2012
            I would like to see some shotgun and glock only game play during this event.
          • Feb 14, 2012

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
          • Dec 6, 2011
            Was actually thinking about a pump shotgun only round. :ROFL:
            • Like Like x 2
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Jan 13, 2013
              Sure thing brett! Just let me know when a good time is to start the event. I don't want to conflict with any other community events.
            • Jan 1, 2013
              Hell yeah! Let's make a 'let zombies fly' contest! The one who shot a zombie the highest wins the free donator lololol 8D
              Or no! Wait! The one who survives the most minutes (all survived seconds added together) gets the trophy. :grin:
            • Dec 6, 2011
              Well then it'd just be people fleeing like crazy, not bothering to help hold, and stacking in a corner to try and rack up time if humans fail.
            • Oct 29, 2010

I'll be willing to moderate the ensuing hedonistic chaos, pls.
            • May 31, 2012
              I'd like to see maps getting beaten. Heh. HEHEH. HEH-Heheheh-jejé.
            • Dec 6, 2011
              Since I wanted to do ze_industrial_dejavu, you should do some wacky modification to the map for the contest lol.
            • May 31, 2012